30 NOSLER OR 300 PRC

I just measured OAL on my 30 Nosler with 212 ELD-X. 3.6225"

I like H-1000 because it's been clean and temp stable.

Retumbo can get you a little more speed than H1000, but it just seems like a dirty powder.

I've never ran R26. It should get some speed. I have no idea on temp stability, but running R19 in a different rifle years ago gave me some issues.

The only load I've developed with H-1000 so far is 81.0 gr pushing a 300 Berger out of my 338-375 Ruger @ 2,700 fps. I want to try R 33 in that beast also.
Alliant says R 26 and R 33 are temp stable and have a propriety de-coppering agent. I've heard nothing bad about them but they are fairly new powders. Definitely gotta try it! I got a COAL Guage Brass for my 30 Nosler from Hornady that they made for me so I'll see what I can seat different Bullets to. Magazine may limit me more than chamber though.

Shooting chronos change with sunlight. I've moved to magneto speed. It is much more dependable but I only use mine after load development to get a solid velocity.
Do you know how the Magnetospeed compares to the LabRadar Doppler system? If I'm gonna upgrade, I want to get the best system. But I always shoot under a shade. Required here in Arizona pretty much year round. Again, thanks for sharing your knowledge

Do you know how the Magnetospeed compares to the LabRadar Doppler system? If I'm gonna upgrade, I want to get the best system. But I always shoot under a shade. Required here in Arizona pretty much year round. Again, thanks for sharing your knowledge

I personally do not. I have been told the LabRadar is a little finicky. The Magneto speed just works. The magneto speed does change poi and can(not a sure thing) affect accuracy much like a tuner would. Like I said I strictly use it to get velocity when my load development is complete. My methods do not require a chrono.

I personally do not. I have been told the LabRadar is a little finicky. The Magneto speed just works. The magneto speed does change poi and can(not a sure thing) affect accuracy much like a tuner would. Like I said I strictly use it to get velocity when my load development is complete. My methods do not require a chrono.

Thanks. I usually don't use my chrony during development either because I don't want it influencing my main goal; Accuracy. If I can get a load to group 1/2 MOA, I figure I can deal with the velocity, whatever the number. But with these Custom Turrets being made for Long Range Shooting, it's vital to get an accurate reading on the speed of the rifle's Pet Load. I plan on developing a load for hunting and a load for target. It's sounding like the 215 gr Berger Hybrid may be the Target Load, but as always, I'll let the Rifle tell me what it wants. My old Winchester Model 70 in 7 RM shoots Ballistic Tips into 1/2"-3/4" Groups then turns around and shoots 160 Partitions into 1 hole! Goes to show you can just never tell till you try. Thanks again. I've been rolling my own since 1975 but am new to the 30 caliber magnums and am getting ready to take my plung into Wildcatting with my Custom 338-375 Ruger!

Am i not pushing my 30 nosler hard enough???
Im only getting 2930 with 212 eldx.

I bought it from andy/len. It was one of the last guns that they sold before they quit selling them

Am i not pushing my 30 nosler hard enough???
Im only getting 2930 with 212 eldx.

I bought it from andy/len. It was one of the last guns that they sold before they quit selling them

At what oal? The 212 has a longer bearing surface than the 215 Berger and will likely not get the same velocity as the 215.

At what oal? The 212 has a longer bearing surface than the 215 Berger and will likely not get the same velocity as the 215.
3.755 cbto. 78.3 H1000. Honest 1/2" gun sd under 10. I figured good enough but everybody seems to have much higher velocity then me

Same with the 210 VLD vs. the 215 Hybrid. You will get less velocity from the 210 because of the longer bearing surface, despite the 5gr weight difference.

My .300 Ackley is only getting right around 3K with a nearly full load of 7977 behind a 210 VLD at starting to show pressure signs. I'm sure I could gain noticeable MV if I switched to the 215 Hybrids.

I would say there is a chance you could reach the next higher node. I do not shoot the 212 but if it follows other bullets it would be around 100fps higher. If you have an accurate load I am not sure I would be chasing velocity.

Seems your charge weight is a little low for the ones I've reloaded for.
I always wonder what if i pushed it harder.... but 2930 with a 212 grain bullet isn't a slouch either.

I struggled with the 215 berger and then tried the 212 eldx and it was driving tacks. For me anyways... i loaded up 200 rounds and went with it.

Those are almost shot now and i keep wondering if i should try pushing it for more velocity or keep the same load. It's been doing well. Farthest i took it was to 944

I would say there is a chance you could reach the next higher node. I do not shoot the 212 but if it follows other bullets it would be around 100fps higher. If you have an accurate load I am not sure I would be chasing velocity.
Probably could. I built it back in 2014, but i'm still in the testing phases with it, as I haven't had much time to go shoot in the last few years. I built it mostly out of curiosity, because my smith uses a couple of them (one for hunting, another for heavy benchrest). He showed me a target with literally 1 hole in it about the diameter of a .338 bullet, that was a 3-shot group at 600 yards from his heavy bench gun, so naturally I was intrigued. Plus, I had a spare magnum action laying around, so I figured, what the hell. Turned out to be a pretty cool cartridge...It's a definite conversation piece, as most have never heard of the .300 Ackley before. My rifle is built to hunting weight for LRH, incase I want to take it hunting...Plus, I'm not a BR shooter.

Im new to this. Just seeing if i can post pics.
20180606_073439.jpg