30 NOSLER OR 300 PRC

Can always bite the bullet and go rcc which is better than Peterson and adg. More reloads, higher pressures & velocity and less brass prep sizing.
A lot of elr guys running big bore 416 barret ect are running because it's that good. Just expensive and a year wait.
I typically only do rcc if Peterson or adg doesn't.
338-378 rcc has it back at the best 338. Taking reloads into account it's actually not much money than nosler and Peterson is a better deal than the cheaper brass also when taking reloads into account
Forgive my ignorance…I don't know that I've even heard of rcc. Roberson cartridge company? Doing some googling now.

I'm building a 20-22 inch packing weight 30 Nosler. Got the Peterson brass cheap, used Whidden's off a member here, and I have a fresh keg of N570 ready to go. Should end up sub 8.5 lbs scoped ready to go. The Nosler will allow me to reach the speeds I want to with less barrel than a win mag or PRC. The PRC is nothing more than a modernized 300 win, which is fine and if you're shooting factory ammo it absolutely trumps the Nosler. But push the freebore out, and stuff a 215 on top of a pile of N570, the Nosler will pull ahead. I feel Its a good happy medium between the win mag and the RUM.

Yeah this makes sense…for my own 30 cal shooting I stop at the 225 eld m. There are heavier pills but none of them meaningfully, if at all, surpass it for bc and while hornady isn't always the king of consistency I've never had an issue with these particular projectiles and the open up pretty much gauranteed (the tip and the hollow point below it is way bigger than the 208 amax/eld m). For a frangible long range 30 cal this is the one to beat for me and so far nothing does. Until I get a bad lot or something….
My particular prc shoots the 225 into a consistent .7-.8" after lots of load development and powders. I switched to a Berger and in shoots .3's. A lot of groups in the .1's. Even shot my best group to date and it was .09's. Bartlein barrel. Crazy how some barrels are just particular. I really wanted to shoot the 225 and had bought 500 of them but it just didn't work out. I did pick up 400 of the 245 Berger so hopefully that'll shoot as good as the 200 I tried. We shall see

I'm building a 20-22 inch packing weight 30 Nosler. Got the Peterson brass cheap, used Whidden's off a member here, and I have a fresh keg of N570 ready to go. Should end up sub 8.5 lbs scoped ready to go. The Nosler will allow me to reach the speeds I want to with less barrel than a win mag or PRC. The PRC is nothing more than a modernized 300 win, which is fine and if you're shooting factory ammo it absolutely trumps the Nosler. But push the freebore out, and stuff a 215 on top of a pile of N570, the Nosler will pull ahead. I feel Its a good happy medium between the win mag and the RUM.
Yeah the real beauty of the 30 Nos is it'll pull ahead with H1000 or Retumbo as well.
It really is the perfect 30 cal in my opinion.
Let us know how she does with the 20" barrel