30-06 that could

I have 2, a 1990 Winchester model 70 black shadow 24" that loves 180 Nosler BT's and a Ruger 77 stainless light weight that also like the 180"s it also favors Berger 168 classic hunters. Both fitted with Nickon Monarch scopes (the older models) the Winchester is my favorite, the Ruger was my dad's, so I take him on a hunt now and then. I also have a .223, 243. 3030, 308 300WSM and a new X Bolt in 6.5 PRC which will get used this season.

Custom 1962 30-06 I built off of my grandfathers original rifle. 23.5" plus muzzle break Bartlein barrel. I'm pushing 181gr Hammer Hunters at 3000 fps with Reloder 17. With fantastic accuracy. A lot of the data out there is only loaded to around 50-55k psi for older rifle purposes. Once you safely load to its full potential you are right there in Magnum territory.
72DAA618-D05E-4E00-B840-67B7178B5157.png
72DAA618-D05E-4E00-B840-67B7178B5157.png

There is a paragraph in the article describing the reamer. The late German Salazar designed the reamer.

Thank you!

Dad, a Bataan Death March survivor from the famed 26th Cavalry Regiment, recounted some of the horrors of the war while we were fishing one day.

By the time the horsemen retreated to Bataan they were pretty battered from meeting the Japanese head on, and ran a pitch battle and delaying actions town after town.

Bataan was running low on meat, once they got there they were ordered to turn in their mounts to the Quartermaster. The remnants of the 26th then became combat teams. A formidable one. Not a well known fact, the 26th had M1 Garands.

All he said, plug a Japanese in the chest with a 30-06, game is over, no follow up shot needed.
My great uncle( grandfather's brother) was an original Marine Raider and served in the pacific. Saw a lot of combat. Didnt talk much. Once at a family gathering I asked about his favorite weapons he used. Originally they had M1 carbines and in his words would not stop a nip with one shot. His preference for weapons was a 45 acp Thompson or colt pistol. An entrenching tool and a kbar. Once they got Garands it was a game changer. In his words they would drop a nip with one shot.