280AI or 7mm Remington Mag?

I'm building a rifle to donate as a fundraiser to the folks at Yellowstone Bible Camp. I have a 7mm barrel Remington long action and long action McMillan stock. I'm trying to decide on caliber, which would you rather have? I think the 280ai is cooler but the 7rm has much more factory ammo support. The goal is to raise money for the camp so I guess the question is which do you think would appeal to more folks?

Because it will be donated for your fund raiser I would go with the 7mm Rem. Mag. for the same reason you said.

Did you have to get any kind of permit from the feds to do this. Some years ago the feds stopped the ACGG from holding raffles on guns their members put together. Those raffles funded the guild. Just playing D's A here. Don't want to see anybody get into any trouble.

Either one works great. I have both. The only reason to go with a 280AI is if you are a bad shot and you need 5 rounds. On ther hand I think the 280AI is good too.
my 280AI has a very speedy barrel on it. But the stock 7mm RM model 700 shoots quite well with 168ABLR bullets.
if I had tried those streamlined bullets in the 7mm RM I don't think I would have spent the big $'s on the 280AI. On the other hand my 280 model 700 shoots <.5MOA 5 shot groups with several loads.
.2 MOA with Hornady 162 spbt interlock. It handles loads quite a bit over reloading manuals high pressure loads very well.
If I had to choose between the three, I'd have a tough time.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.