280AI or 7mm Remington Mag?

Sorry fellas I still don't have a clear yes or no from the camp president. It is looking like a raffle will be possible they are discussing the legality and the red tape for the non-profit. Thanks for all the suggestions and interest

Sadly, the red tape can be very frustrating but please do not get discourage. I have been on both sides; runnning private organizations in military installations (including overseas) and off base as well as a donor. Firearm donations often complicate things even with the best of intentions. Most of us are here to support you the best we can, just let us know how we can help. Cheers!

Ed

Either way it's a great way to support the camp. If they decide to make it an auction item people can still donate to the camp.

The same is true if you took the time to read page 1, you would not need to comment as you did in #109.:cool:

Give the man a break, "we" should all get behind him for his best and kind hearted intentions ... it's for a good cause regardless of chambering ... just saying. :D

Cheers!
I have an address to Tim King
13250 Carson court

"If" it ends up to be a raffle and it makes it here in LRH, I would be more than happy to help out for the good cause. I am sure others will do the same. Again, good on you and God bless.

Ed
I have an address
Tim King 13250 Carson court Piedmont SD 57769 pay pal [email protected] for donations for a scope. .hope you can post this on here where everyone can see it

Thanks for all the support and suggestions fellas. A special thanks to those of you who have so generously offered to help by sending me funds to add a scope to the rifle! I'm continually impressed with the gun guys that I've met from around the country and especially the ones here on Long Range hunting.com

Thanks for all the support and suggestions fellas. A special thanks to those of you who have so generously offered to help by sending me funds to add a scope to the rifle! I'm continually impressed with the gun guys that I've met from around the country and especially the ones here on Long Range hunting.com

Good people from all walks of life normally rally around a good cause. Cheers!

Ed

By the way I am pretty sure the rifle will end up as a raffle and as a result I'm going to make it a 280 ackley. I called Dave Manson and he is sending a shiny new reamer out in the morning

If it's a raffle does the charity actually have to take ownership?

I have both.
I rarely shoot factory ammo.
I do not remember in the last twenty years needing a second shot in game. the argument that the AI holds more rounds in the magazine doesn't mean a thing to me. But if you miss what you're shooting at often, it might make a difference to you.
the RM will shoot a little flatter and kick a little harder.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.