7mm Remington Mag OR 7mm LRM?

I'm running an 8.5 in my saum with 180 hybrids at 2800 which is giving me .5 at 600.

Funny this thread popped up, I'm wanting to build a light weight 24 inch 7 mag. I really want to build a 7LRM as it's a better design but brass and dies scare me, hornady only.

Having said that, you can make brass from 300 PRC brass and if using Lapua or ADG you could likely get a lifetime of shooting from 100 pieces.
You should watch the Gunwerks Blog about the new 7PRC. Arron Davidson said they will support the 7LRM for about another year and will then drop it from their line. He spoke very strongly about how the 7PRC is the perfect 7MM and will basically kill the 7LRM. Also, he had some interesting thoughts on the 28 Nosler. Good luck

Last edited:
Thanks, I have that one saved as it popped up yesterday. I fear the gunwerks guys are pushing something they have skin in but can't say for sure.

I think the 7 prc will be a great round and likely due to popularity will be picked up by premium brass and die makers. I do feel performance will be in the 7 short mag range running just behind the 7rm with heavies.

Ultimately I'd just do a 28 nosler as I'm a huge fan of the nosler case but thats a real step up in recoil and muzzle blast.

..the way things are going and heading I would choose only cartridge that I could find brass for right now....can't imagine picking one that is not easily found, a 100-200fps is not worth the anxiety !! THINK WISELY...

You should watch the Gunwerks Blog about the new 7PRC. Arron Davidson said they will support the 7LRM for about another year and will then drop it from their line. He spoke very strongly about how the 7PRC is the perfect 7MM and will basically kill the 7LRM. Also, he had some interesting thoughts on the 26 Nosler. Good luck
Sorry this made me laugh out loud.
Ya think there's some money involved in their statement about the prc..
It's getting so bad that I pretty much unsubscribed to all the big marketers in the industry

Sorry this made me laugh out loud.
Ya think there's some money involved in their statement about the prc..
It's getting so bad that I pretty much unsubscribed to all the big marketers in the industry
Maybe or maybe not, but I am sure there probably is some…."coordination". However, I am a firm believer as to whatever it takes to get components for a certain caliber out in the marketplace and it looks like the 7PRC is going to do that…like it or not.