7mm lrm

I purchased a 7lrm. Purchased it used before I was aware of the brass situation. Shoots the 180 berger just a little under 3000 fps. Have around 150 pieces of brass, part of it new. Please understand I'm sure that what is being said about the brass life is 100% true. But the rifle shoots so well, even with me shooting it, 3 shot groups, all 3 will touch. I decided that it will be a deficated hunting rifle. Will shoot it enough to ensure that it's still hitting where it should be and will practice with other rifles. Just can't bring myself to to make any changes to it.

7mm blaser will run right with the LRM @ 2.35" case length, it's a Jeffery based case in between a saum and 28 nosler, holds same capacity as 7rm but due to short/fat dimensions and long neck it is superior. Another very easy option if you like oddball is the 7mm-300 win, runs 180s @ 3150, 195s @ 3000, right behind the 28 nosler w/ 5gr less powder. Easy to form with 300win busbing dies. I'm bout to rebarrel my 7lrm, and I'm between these two cases.

7mm blaser will run right with the LRM @ 2.35" case length, it's a Jeffery based case in between a saum and 28 nosler, holds same capacity as 7rm but due to short/fat dimensions and long neck it is superior. Another very easy option if you like oddball is the 7mm-300 win, runs 180s @ 3150, 195s @ 3000, right behind the 28 nosler w/ 5gr less powder. Easy to form with 300win busbing dies. I'm bout to rebarrel my 7lrm, and I'm between these two cases.

This is true. I have a 7mm Blaser mag, my OAL w/180 Berger is 3.260 (that's 5 thou off from touching) my load is 68.5gr RL26, with 26in. Hart #4, it has settled in to 3088-3100. Mine is built on a LA Rem 700 using a HS Prec. det mag setup. Shoots in the .3's pretty easily. Norma makes the brass and it's holding up well so far.

In follow up I was able to purchase the fiece 7mm LRM for a really good price.
I talked with gunwerks about their brass and they stayed that it was better then their first run of brass.
Adg said they were a year out for brass.
Norma said no plans but if they got enough requests they would reconsider.
I talked with original purchase and he stated that he had problems getting the 1/2 inch grouping.
Stayted that he had nightforce scope remounted by a Smith and was told scope was not tracking.
Said he fired one onehole group and then accuracy went South again. He had a hunt coming up so he got rid of gun and scope.
I talked with fierce and they said try another scope and if it won't hold 1/2 inch then send it in

In follow up I was able to purchase the fiece 7mm LRM for a really good price.
I talked with gunwerks about their brass and they stayed that it was better then their first run of brass.
Adg said they were a year out for brass.
Norma said no plans but if they got enough requests they would reconsider.
I talked with original purchase and he stated that he had problems getting the 1/2 inch grouping.
Stayted that he had nightforce scope remounted by a Smith and was told scope was not tracking.
Said he fired one onehole group and then accuracy went South again. He had a hunt coming up so he got rid of gun and scope.
I talked with fierce and they said try another scope and if it won't hold 1/2 inch then send it in
Gunwerks had a few reamer revisions out, mainly to address neck thickness problems on the brass. Hornady brass came anywhere from 15-18 thousandths so neck turning for consistency is important.

Update
Got dies and ordered 50 brass to start with.
Brass weight for the 50 was within 2 grains.
Necks were purtty consistent.
Loaded some Berger 168 with 71gr h1000 shot about 1 inch. Then discovered I forgot to torque down scope.
Loaded 71.5 h1000 and these shot about 3/4 inch
72 grains about the same.
All seated .01 off lands.

Update
Got dies and ordered 50 brass to start with.
Brass weight for the 50 was within 2 grains.
Necks were purtty consistent.
Loaded some Berger 168 with 71gr h1000 shot about 1 inch. Then discovered I forgot to torque down scope.
Loaded 71.5 h1000 and these shot about 3/4 inch
72 grains about the same.
All seated .01 off lands.
Try some 180 Berger Hybrids. Shot great for me.

Went out to shoot some new loads today
Loaded 72 grains h1000 with Berger 168 grain.
Loaded .010, .013, and .015. off
.015 shot the best at just over 1/2 inch.
Will load some new ones up to see if it holds up and get velocity.
Just received the 180 hybrids today. Will start some load development with them soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.