7mm lrm

Ram161

I'm looking at a fierce edge 7mm Lrm.
Have read some about the Hornady brass problems with the neck consistency.
For you 7mm lrm shooters has the brass problems been resolved?
I have an email to gunwerks but have not heard back yet.

Still the same Hornady brass. There was a rumor ADG was going to start making the 7lrm brass, but hasn't happened yet. I'm having mine re-barreled in 28 Nosler. Your better off with a 7 rem mag. than 7lrm. pretty much same velocity with a choice of brass.

Thanks for your reply.
My practical side says stay with a 7 rem. But I'm a sucker for the odd.
I'm shooting a 280 ackley, 270 weatherby, and a 350 Remington now.
Can a 7mm lrm be rechambered to 28 nosler

I went down the same path earlier this year. The LRM is a promising design that is failed by junk brass .

Everyone here told me not to do it and I did anyway. Lesson learned, take my $$$$$ mistake and don't do it .

Thanks for the reply.
That's what I was looking at is the design and just looks like it should be good.
So if it don't work out could it be rechambered to 28 nosler?

I went down the 7LRM road and ended up switching to a 28 Nosler. I am so glad I did.

I have a 7LRM and brass is definitely an issue, sometimes primer pockets open up after 2 firings, waiting for the ADG to come out. Helped my friend the past few weeks with a Piercision 28 Nosler and it's awesome with the 195 Berger

The LRM is a Gunwerks 2015 model LR1000. It is very steady 1/2 MOA out to 1000 with the 180 hybrid @ right around 3000fps

My 7lrm is a gunwerks mountainx. Shoots 180's at 2925. Guy at gunwerks told me last week he hasn't seen any shoot above 2975. I'm going to have it re-barreled in 28 Nosler.

When Gunwerks 1st came out with the 7lrm they loaded it to 3100 FPS with the 180 Berger. They subsequently backed off to around 2850 - 2900 FPS because of short brass life secondary to the increased pressure that the Hornady brass didn't last with. If ADG were to come out with 7lrm brass, if it isn't too late, it might get a second lease on life, otherwise I'm afraid the death knell has sounded for the 7lrm.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.