28 nosler ladder test

I should have clarified earlier in the post. But the test I'm doing is the ladder test that the 6.5guys are using. There's a name for it but I can't remember it. I'm kind of just experimenting with it to see if it works. I'm going to use it to find the nodes and then after that I'm going to try shooting some groups with charge weights that will put me in the middle of the velocity nodes and see how they shoot. And then finally I will do a seating depth test. I went out again today with 14 more shots loaded in .2 grain increments. Here are the velocities. The left side of the paper is the first time (same velocities from the top of the post) and the right side of the paper is from today. I still have not found pressure but there looks to be a node around that 3240 FPS area. Maybe someone with more experience with this test can help me interpret this better. I'll be shooting it again and still going up in .2 grain increments until I find pressure. This gunwerks brass is tough stuff. There's no load data for n565 on the 28 so I was using h1000 data and the max for that in the book is 81 grains. As you can see I'm well past that and still haven't had a single sign of pressure.
Satterlee's test is what 6.5 guys posted.
Yes, I'm doing that and shooting for distance once I hone into a load that shows low SD/ES. I chose 600 as a distance reference point for round 3 of my test. Then out to 1000 to say yes or no.
Now if I can quit testing my scope warranty, I might finish up by spring. Sigh...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts