30 Nosler Ladder Test Input

Right now I would be looking at the 82.6 and test both primers when you have time to do a true ladder test. You have to shoot a ladder test at the same dot or whatever your aiming at. Here is what a 2 shot ladder test at 1,000 should look like as you can see all shots were aimed at the same dot and how easy it is to interpret.
As you can see 63.5- 63-9 had 2 5/8" vertical. I would run 63.7 and do a seating ladder next and check fine tuning with powder if necessary.
You can see that 63.5 and 63.9 wanted to group even though there different charges and then the next charge jumped.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230909-163404_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230909-163404_Chrome.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 37
Right now I would be looking at the 82.6 and test both primers when you have time to do a true ladder test. You have to shoot a ladder test at the same dot or whatever your aiming at. Here is what a 2 shot ladder test at 1,000 should look like as you can see all shots were aimed at the same dot and how easy it is to interpret.
As you can see 63.5- 63-9 had 2 5/8" vertical. I would run 63.7 and do a seating ladder next and check fine tuning with powder if necessary.
You can see that 63.5 and 63.9 wanted to group even though there different charges and then the next charge jumped.
I did plan on shooting at the same dot, but unfortunately, it would have been a pain driving down every time at a packed range.

Would you think I should do some seating depth testing now at 82.6?

I did plan on shooting at the same dot, but unfortunately, it would have been a pain driving down every time at a packed range.

Would you think I should do some seating depth testing now at 82.6?
Color your bullets and then you dont have to drive down, thats exactly how this one was shot. You color them from tip all the way to case neck.
If you dont wanna do a ladder I suggest OCW then. 1 would do a 3 shot 82.3, 82.6 and 82.9 with both primers and see what group shape you get.
Those colored lines are the colors that the bullets were colored with

Color your bullets and then you dont have to drive down, thats exactly how this one was shot. You color them from tip all the way to case neck.
If you dont wanna do a ladder I suggest OCW then. 1 would do a 3 shot 82.3, 82.6 and 82.9 with both primers and see what group shape you get.
Those colored lines are the colors that the bullets were colored with
Interesting on the colored bullets - I've never thought of it!

I'll shoot 3 shot groups with each and see.

Then maybe fine tune seating depth from there.

You can do a mini ladder test, just shoot the 3 shot groups at the same dot just color your bullets and then you can tell if maybe 6 of the charges wanna group together then circle the 3 with the marker that is the same color as the bullets.
I would pick the colors in the pic of the ladder there the easiest ones to see if you have trouble just put a little alcohol on a q- tip and dob it on the bullet hole it will make it stand out better

You can do a mini ladder test, just shoot the 3 shot groups at the same dot just color your bullets and then you can tell if maybe 6 of the charges wanna group together then circle the 3 with the marker that is the same color as the bullets.
I would pick the colors in the pic of the ladder there the easiest ones to see if you have trouble just put a little alcohol on a q- tip and dob it on the bullet hole it will make it stand out better
Great tips! I'm thinking the federal primers might work out - in glad I tried them!

I'll try to shoot some tomorrow or next weekend

I would keep track of your velocity for no other reason when you decide your in the middle of a good powder node and you do a seating depth test and it changes you can tweak the powder to get you in the middle again.

I would keep track of your velocity for no other reason when you decide your in the middle of a good powder node and you do a seating depth test and it changes you can tweak the powder to get you in the middle again.
Have you noticed seating depth changing the powder node very much?

@L.Sherm here are the results of my 3 shot groups. I did one target for CCI and one for Federal.

Overall the CCI looks the best. The two high shots on the federal concern me. I originally thought I could have just pulled one, but then the second one went to there next to it.

I'm thinking my load might be CCI at 82.6?

Attachments

• 20230916_120236.jpg
    20230916_120236.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230916_120335.jpg
    20230916_120335.jpg
    832.1 KB · Views: 29
I would do 82.8 with CCI 250 and do a seating depth test now and call it good
Even though 82.6 is the smallest 82.8 looks like its in the middle of a powder node.