Ladder Test Results - 30 Nosler - 215 Hybrids

I would be concerned if you can hear powder shaking around, especially with the bullet that deep in the case. I'll be interested to see how your ES/SD looks when you do shoot it.

Regarding neck tension, did you determine bushing size from a case with the bullet seated or some other method?
With a bullet seated - it measured .338 and I am using a .336 bushing

Granted there might be some slack in the Hornady comparators - but I would be surprised if it is that significant. My COAL to the lands according to my Hornady OAL length Guage and modified case is 3.465 with the Berger 215

After reading this thread, you guys got me thinking about my own 30Nosler which was built off a Rem 700 mag action. (originally 300RUM)

I just started to load some 215s which I could never get before. My CBTO measurement with the Berger 215 just touching (using the Hornady tool) is 2,840". What would that make my freebore?

Bullets loaded .020" off just fit into the magazine. None have been fired yet.

FWIW = bbl has 385 rounds down the tube.

After reading this thread, you guys got me thinking about my own 30Nosler which was built off a Rem 700 mag action. (originally 300RUM)

I just started to load some 215s which I could never get before. My CBTO measurement with the Berger 215 just touching (using the Hornady tool) is 2,840". What would that make my freebore?

Bullets loaded .020" off just fit into the magazine. None have been fired yet.

FWIW = bbl has 385 rounds down the tube.
A heck of a lot longer than mine haha. Mine is 2.697 cbto just touching.

I would say I have SAMMI, but I think I'm even below that 😅

Granted there might be some slack in the Hornady comparators - but I would be surprised if it is that significant. My COAL to the lands according to my Hornady OAL length Guage and modified case is 3.465 with the Berger 215
Could be a bad reamer. Anything can happen. All I am saying is their is less chance of that happening than the $300 worth of measuring tools most reloaded use. I am sure they make reamers on cnc machines as well as chamber with them which are far more precise than anything you are using. Have you checked your calipers against another pair?

Could be a bad reamer. Anything can happen. All I am saying is their is less chance of that happening than the $300 worth of measuring tools most reloaded use. I am sure they make reamers on cnc machines as well as chamber with them which are far more precise than anything you are using. Have you checked your calipers against another pair?
Yep totally agree.

I'll check my calipers now - they are brand new Mitutoyo ones, I'll check them against my old reliable dial ones to make sure haha.

I'm just frustrated because I literally just got this gun after 7 months and now this happens and I'm sure I'll have to send it back.

Yep totally agree.

I'll check my calipers now - they are brand new Mitutoyo ones, I'll check them against my old reliable dial ones to make sure haha.

I'm just frustrated because I literally just got this gun after 7 months and now this happens and I'm sure I'll have to send it back.
No matter what I would shoot it first. I wouldn't get wrapped around the axles before you even shoot it. I am sure if you call Alamo they will tell you the same. If I remember correctly you were having this built for an accurate 500 yard rifle. You haven't shot it yet to see what it does and you are talking about sending it back. It could shoot 1-1/2"-2" groups at 500 and you would never know. Call them amd let them know what you are seeing they will work through it with you.

No matter what I would shoot it first. I wouldn't get wrapped around the axles before you even shoot it. I am sure if you call Alamo they will tell you the same. If I remember correctly you were having this built for an accurate 500 yard rifle. You haven't shot it yet to see what it does and you are talking about sending it back. It could shoot 1-1/2"-2" groups at 500 and you would never know. Call them amd let them know what you are seeing they will work through it with you.
Just ran a quick pressure test with it and here are the results.

I do think from seeing this that the rifle will be a shooter. There wasn't a ton of change there between nearly

I also noticed that almost all of my cases had a slight extractor mark - even the lowest powder charge - I attached some pictures. Is this normal? I actually think I got this mark from just clambering it because I loaded one and did not fire it and ejected it and then still got the mark.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230115_134823_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230115_134823_Gallery.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20230115_135237_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230115_135237_Gallery.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20230115_135243_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230115_135243_Gallery.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 44