.260 Remington as an Elk Rifle

Greg Duerr

Ive been told over and over that a .243 and the 105 berger is no Elk Rifle. Now Im hearing the same feedback when using the .260 and the 140 Berger for Elk.........what gives
Im just talking ranges of up to 300yds......................Looked at the Nosler LR 142gr bullet but was told .................just get a 300 Win Mag..............

So whats all the negative thoughts?

Well, I think if someone at the range would have told me that I may have been forced to tell them how dumb they are. You really need to hang out some place else cause don't you start this thread like twice a year?

I guarantee a lung/heart shot elk with a tsx or partition will be as dead as if hit with anything else... A 140/150 grain at 2700 fps will completely destroy a chest cavity, people just like to run their mouths.

I've learned one thing from these gun forums on the internet: " it takes at least a .338 Lapua to kill any game animal in North America".

I read it here:

" it takes at least a .338 Lapua to kill any game animal in North America".

It is official if it's posted here on LRH. But you left out the "MAGNUM" part. Please restate so I can officially post it everywhere else.

I read it here:

" it takes at least a .338 Lapua to kill any game animal in North America".

It is official if it's posted here on LRH. But you left out the "MAGNUM" part. Please restate so I can officially post it everywhere else.

Sorry, you are correct, I left out the Magnum. It takes at least a .338 Lapua Super Duper Magnum to kill any game animal in North America.

It won't be long and we will be hearing it takes at a minimum a 375 chey-tac to take a elk. The 260 will do fine out to your proposed 300 yards. My wife shoots one with 130 accubonds for deer and elk. I don't trust her to shoot at a animal At that distance, she won't quit jerking the trigger but it gets the job done.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts