25PRC or something else?

seems like that's right. maybe it's 84 in 7mm, not positive
7mm is 84 exactly so the 25 would be close to 83.
Mega is waaaay shorter than a weatherby at 2.160
Its also shorter than a 25x7 prc by quite a bit and would easily run in a 3.2 mid action.
Based on what the 25SST and 25 max do, it should run 3450 with the 130 class no problem.

Last edited:
Seems like things are all over the place at the moment with these 25 wildcats.

Is there a good table or list of starting cases, action lengths, and bolts needed, along with water capacity?

For myself, it seems like the PRC is the one to go with since the WSM and RSAUM are falling off in popularity. Weatherby brass by itself is over $2/case and in limited supply so, not a super popular option either. The PRC case itself seems to be the safest bet for future support.

What other case is a good one for a 257 Weatherby class cartridge? Personally, I would like to avoid the belted brass but, I am beginning to wonder if a new barrel with a different twist might be a better overall option in 257 Weatherby versus a wildcat in 25-something. More widely available brass though would be a nice benefit over a 257 Weatherby.

Seems like things are all over the place at the moment with these 25 wildcats.

Is there a good table or list of starting cases, action lengths, and bolts needed, along with water capacity?

For myself, it seems like the PRC is the one to go with since the WSM and RSAUM are falling off in popularity. Weatherby brass by itself is over $2/case and in limited supply so, not a super popular option either. The PRC case itself seems to be the safest bet for future support.

What other case is a good one for a 257 Weatherby class cartridge? Personally, I would like to avoid the belted brass but, I am beginning to wonder if a new barrel with a different twist might be a better overall option in 257 Weatherby versus a wildcat in 25-something. More widely available brass though would be a nice benefit over a 257 Weatherby.
Your best bet would be a 25-7prc.