257 Weatherby

I have a custom LH Rem 700 .257wby with a 26" Bartlein 3b and Edge fill stock-- with optics its right around 8.5lbs.

Makes it a dream to carry and IMO it is the ultimate Texas game gun (deer, pigs, javis). I'm running 115gr VLD @ 3400fps

It's a 1:10 twist rate. Thanks for the info guys. It gives me a starting point. I've got a bunch of Accubond and ELDX 110s, I may try the Hammer 92s too when I start to work up a load.

Last edited:
So this has me thinking Will. I told you my 25-06 barrel is shot out. It's on a Ruger M77 Mark II so the 257wby is out of the question unless I find a mag bolt...but what about a 25 RPM?? I bet that puppy would haul!

Took a lot deer with mine and 115gr ballistic tips
The 90gr blitz kings are pretty awesome on coyotes. It's an underrated varmint rifle imo lol

So this has me thinking Will. I told you my 25-06 barrel is shot out. It's on a Ruger M77 Mark II so the 257wby is out of the question unless I find a mag bolt...but what about a 25 RPM?? I bet that puppy would haul!

25-06AI since you already have brass etc

I was thinking that but my 6.5-06AI is 25-06 stamped. I feel if I made a 25-06ai I'd have an accident sooner or later...although I have a bunch of 30-06 Lapua brass I could neck down, turn and trim to make it.

IMG_1931.JPG
Just got mine. Ruger No.1 with a 24" Krieger barrel. Haven't hunted game yet, but love it on the range. 115 Nosler CT over 60 grain of H4831. 3000 fps. Slow I know.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.