25PRC or something else?

Yes, some of it is staying with a balanced cartridge versus a massively overbored one.

Regarding rebarreling my 257 Weatherby, if do that I also need to ask myself if I am better off with non-Weatherby case/brass to begin with.

Regarding wildcatting Weatherby brass, that is something I want to avoid generally. Running something like a 6.5PRC through a sizing die is reasonable though.

Turning case necks and trimming on virgin or once-fired brass is something I would like to avoid.
The definition of overbore or what constitutes as such remains controversial.
1707656557288.png

(Source: https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2014/03/overbore-cartridges-a-working-definition/). The source also has similar posts.

What was your load data if you dont mind? Who did the smith work on your rifle? Btw, are you in Great Falls?
My barrel is a McGowen pre-fit that I put together as a DIY project.

1707671808912.jpeg

1707671868519.jpeg

The knob was done by Polished Knob in Montana. Yes, I am in Great Falls.

I am nowhere near final on my load development but I was using 67.5g MagPro, with powders I already have opened.

What was your load data if you dont mind? Who did the smith work on your rifle? Btw, are you in Great Falls?
Good morning, like Feenix said I had the opportunity to take a mule deer doe with them last year. My rifle is not a weatherby though, it's a 257 Blackbird very similar in performance without the belt. Don't ask I got a wild hire up my butt and thought it would be cool to have a 257 weatherby with no belt. Now I'm finding it doesn't matter belt or no belt. Anyway I'm shooting 65.4grs of Retumbo and getting 3162 for an average. The bullets shoot very well. The shot on the deer was a head shot at 135yrds so I can't say on a body shot for sure but I think there going to do just fine. PM if you have any questions. Here's a picture of the doe for reference.

1000002311.jpg

I'm a build or 2 away from doing a 25 Max.
Had a couple others jump line in front of it, recently.
Case capacity will be very similar, I would expect performance to be also.
I am considering 28" for it, 26 minimum since a brake won't be used.
Is the Blaser brass readily available? Who makes it if ya don't mind me asking…?

I'm a build or 2 away from doing a 25 Max.
Had a couple others jump line in front of it, recently.
Case capacity will be very similar, I would expect performance to be also.
I am considering 28" for it, 26 minimum since a brake won't be used.
Is the Blaser brass readily available? Who makes it if ya don't mind me asking…?
Mine is on a 26". No I can't seem to find brass anymore and then found out that norma stopped importing it about the same time the prc stared coming out. I was able to at least get 250 pieces while I could. I might have locked in another 300 if the guy ever gets back to me. We shall see. I do all my brass prep if that's what your asking.