257 Wby

How are the blackjack 131 ace shooting with the 257 Wby

This is going to depend on how well the rifle was made and the ability of the shooter. That's quite a range when you think about it.

The first .257 WBY I built for the 131s was a Bartlein 3b chambered with a custom reamer from Manson. I used a Defiance action and a chassis I favor for testing. From prone I'm able to maintain small enough groups out to 850 yards. Plenty good enough for deer. You can ask the deer in the freezer if you don't believe me.;)

Blackjack has all the dimensions for the reamers on their website or call your reamer maker to discuss it. Retumbo is my first powder choice but there are at least 3 others that I have used with good results.

This is going to depend on how well the rifle was made and the ability of the shooter. That's quite a range when you think about it.

The first .257 WBY I built for the 131s was a Bartlein 3b chambered with a custom reamer from Manson. I used a Defiance action and a chassis I favor for testing. From prone I'm able to maintain small enough groups out to 850 yards. Plenty good enough for deer. You can ask the deer in the freezer if you don't believe me.;)

Blackjack has all the dimensions for the reamers on their website or call your reamer maker to discuss it. Retumbo is my first powder choice but there are at least 3 others that I have used with good results.
How many grains to start with?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.