25-06 Harvest Thread

Love me some bergers for sure in my longer range rigs, but in a utilitarian gun that gets called on from 12yds on out, ive never found the AB to be lacking by any measure.

I'm actually working with them now. My goal was to get an accurate load at 3200fps just for giggles. So far no luck, I've sent about half a box down range with r25 , couldn't get useable ladder or seating depth with them yet. Gonna change powder and see what I can get done with the rest of the box.
Thanks, I've got a heap of R25 I was going to have a play with but might try R26 or IMR4831?
What rifle are you shooting them through?

My dad and I have shot the 25-06 for years and after a short stint of not owning one, we now have one again. A Sako 85 finnlite. Has anyone ever tried the 110gr ELD-X? How'd they shoot and what powders are best?
I'm interested to hear how you like that Finnlight. I'm looking at one myself.

Thanks, I've got a heap of R25 I was going to have a play with but might try R26 or IMR4831?
What rifle are you shooting them through?

Model 70 classic sporter, factory barrel. IMR 4831 has always been the most accurate in my rifle. I have ton of 25 to use up so I was hoping it would work

After a hike up 'my canyon' qnd no deer....i decided to tried the ol' 2506 mtn rifle at a rock across the canyon to the deer trail...
Picked a spot on a good sized rock and with no elevation adjustment fired at it with a point blank aim...dialed the power of the Leupold to match the top of bottom post to the poi...next time up the canyon...nice little buck standing just off the side of that rock...dialed up scope power fo adjust the correct elevation...first shot the buck didn't flinch...but he stood there...second shot he buckled and tumbled down the hill....when i got to him and checked him out....two holes...one thru the ribs just behind the front shoulder...one clipped the back edge of the front shoulder....about 3 inches apart....no wasted meat...i believe they were 110acc.......450yds.....
And only mile and a half to the truck...all down hill.....my son shot his black with that rifle..then his first elk also..at 300yds...
Now it sits in the safe collecting dust.....and rusting away....

I gave that rifle to my son after he took that buck...he was 9...
we move...he wanted it painted to his flavor...so i spent that cash on it...he took his first Muley then his first elk...and i guess second elk.....and it hasn't moved since....most likely never cleaned either...........donegone.......

Love me some bergers for sure in my longer range rigs, but in a utilitarian gun that gets called on from 12yds on out, ive never found the AB to be lacking by any measure.

Hopefully have a speed goat hunt in Eastern Oregon this year and the a mulie hunt next year. So expect to be reaching out a ways on both hunts.

(looks like your rifles is one of the 700 Long Range guns, if so how do you like it and how's it shoot?)
Alright. Just found my load. Clover leaf.
AOL 3.26
50 grains IMR 4831
9E660DB5-7F39-4AB2-A946-332727F7BEB6.png

2F9D1481-9F92-4769-9E81-81DFA742B39D.png

Have 2 Remington M700 Mountain rifles in 25-06 one is my wife's and I have one as well. Using 100 gn Nosler BT's at 3300 FPS. My wife's is a .5 moa rifle just a great shooter mine is a 1 moa rifle. Hers has shot more muley's and pronghorns than I can count. Almost all are 1 shot DRT ranging 100 to 400 yards. One of the most fun and forgiving rifles I have had the pleasure of owning. The last hunt we used it on was antelope in Southern Saskatchewan it's a laser and really love shooting her rifle more than my own! The 25-06 is so overlooked by many hunters but it's an awesome cartridge in my opinion. Actually I have a real love for all the 06 based cartridges! The 280 being my favourite which is also in a mountain rifle! Hopefully we get drawn for Elk and muley's this fall!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.