25-06 Harvest Thread

I always thought the 25-06 was the perfect whitetail caliber and a great starter cartridge to boot. Never owned one. Sooner or later I'm going to have a 257 RobertsAI or 25-06. Always like the 257's and the 277's and the older I get and the more bullets that are offered the more I keep looking at older cartridges and rifles.

I always thought the 25-06 was the perfect whitetail caliber and a great starter cartridge to boot. Never owned one. Sooner or later I'm going to have a 257 RobertsAI or 25-06. Always like the 257's and the 277's and the older I get and the more bullets that are offered the more I keep looking at older cartridges and rifles.
Can't go wrong with either of them

I bought one approx. 15 yrs. ago to replace 257 Roberts and 243 cal. It was a good decision. I didn't consider it a long range cartridge at the time. I picked it up for deer and antelope with shots out to 500 yds. It never let me down. I had multiple one shot kills with 115 gr. Trophy Bonded Bear Claws. My son has killed a few things with it as well.

I bought mine as a Rem Sendero in the late 70s. Have killed a bunch of deer with it. It's on it's 3rd barrel now and has been the AI version for the last 2 barrels. Most recent rebarreling was just 2 years ago. Unfortunately, It's twisted too slow for the new Absolutes. It shoots regular Hammers just fine and with good speed.
Haven't shot it as much lately due to playing with newer toys: 25-284, 243AI (on it's 4th barrel), 7 RUM, 6.5-06AI and 338 Sherman. Next project is a 6.5 Sherman Max. So many toys, so little time! These Absolutes are taking up a bunch of time...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.