25-06 Harvest Thread

Trekster

I'm a newcomer to the 25-06. Always loved the caliber, just seemed so.... traditional. Researched like heck the terminal performance. And sure enough, very first shot at an animal, dropped him like a ton of bricks.
Anyone else out there have any harvest pics/stories of their 25-06?
E481DDB6-DC72-4CE6-BF68-B19D8C1118EB.jpeg

25-06 was my only gun through college years. It was my sons elk rifle for his first couple of elk. Ive killed everything from coyotes to elk with it from Colorado to Mexico. I will Always will have one in the safe. Mine loves 115 BT around 3100 FPS

Congrats on your hunt, nice bear

25-06 was my only gun through college years. It was my sons elk rifle for his first couple of elk. Ive killed everything from coyotes to elk with it from Colorado to Mexico. I will Always will have one in the safe. Mine loves 115 BT around 3100 FPS

Congrats on your hunt, nice bear

115's seem to be quite popular with the 25-06. This was a 120 BT. I really want that one to work :) but I may to stop fighting it. Boy, I'd love to hear more about those and more elk harvest.

I have one too, mine is a plain Jane wood/blued Ruger M77 MKII.
It is the most accurate out of the box rifle I have ever bought. Even with the crap factory trigger, this rifle produced .5" groups without trying very hard. It now has a Timney and loves 110gr Accubond and 115gr Partition.
With 100gr BT's, it shoots 3/8 MoA @ 300mtr.
I also pillar and bedded the action into the factory stock, shoots superbly.

Cheers.

So I am a little embarrassed to ask but I'm just going to go for it. When I reference BT I am referring to a boat tail (Speer) but then it was mentioned a Nosler BT and I am thinking that is a ballistic tip? Any clarity here would be greatly appreciated.

in my early years I'd not take many pics. The 25-06 was one of my first centerfire rifles. When I was in 8th grade I got to buy what I wanted with the money I made from my 4-H projects. I had $800 to spend. I bought a Ruger 77 V with a 3-9 Redfield wide field "TV" scope. I shot a lot of deer and coyotes with that rifle-used it almost exclusively for 4 years--until I made some money and bought a 257 Weatherby. I have been on a roller coaster with many rifles in-between but have always had a soft spot for my 25 calibers--and for a soft shooting rifle that hammers game..hard to beat a 25-06...

The 25-06 is one I'm looking at getting, I have a 30-06 already, and have had a 243 when I was younger. The only issue I'm having, is finding a 25-06, might have to settle for a 270 for now

Awfully darn tough to be a 25/06, love the round! Easy to work with and incredibly capable!
I usually refer to Ballistic Tips as NBT for what that's worth.

Enough gun and bullet gack, let's talk about the bruin fantastic bear! Montana bruin?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.