2000 yard spotting scope and a "clay" needs to be seen clearly

I have a novagrade.
Very nice, no need to take phone out of case.
Fits any phone.
Fits most all optics.
Fair price, considering no needed new parts when you upgrade to a new phone, or optic.
I really like the ability to leave the phone in it's case.

Don't try to reinvent the wheel. If you have the money, Leica or Swaro are the optics to buy. Not cheap but they are the best there is. To see a Clay and hits at 2000 yards you are going to need at least 80X magnification maybe even 100, and at that magnification the clay is going to need to be out on a real good background. On top of that, there are not going to be very many days when the conditions are going to allow you to see that small a target that far away.

You say this is strictly for target shooting and not hunting. For that type of shooting you are far better off with a remote camera system. It will work 100% of the time and you can do slow motion replay, etc to review the shots.
And there are more than one camera gizmos that are all cheaper; too they will work all the time. However, as Dean2 says by not saying--you must get out there to set them up. But, seems I recollect seeing one that operated out to two miles from the shot origin.

Keep in mind that using a decent cell phone on your spotting scope can both brighten and focus the picture and you can wifi it to a tablet or bigger screen for better viewing.
You reminded me that--as you point out--there's definite advantages in the 'phone cam setup. A biggie might just be the 'phone's ability to further magnify the image just by spreading one's fingers on the 'phone's screen.

You reminded me that--as you point out--there's definite advantages in the 'phone cam setup. A biggie might just be the 'phone's ability to further magnify the image just by spreading one's fingers on the 'phone's screen.
Yes, my old Samsung S6 can zoom 8X, newer phones probably much more, and it autofocuses.

well...no electronics allowed on the firing line..
the range master maybe getting cam for relying scoring at the END of a relay.
Yes, my old Samsung S6 can zoom 8X, newer phones probably much more, and it autofocuses.

got this out on a short range today.
want to see a bullet hole at 70x at FIFTY yards...lol
very clear at 100yds.
next up was a top of the hill behind the 300 yd line.
must be in excess of 1000 yards. easy to see the surfaces of small rocks, cactus features.
may get to test at 1k before the 2k match..maybe not.
cover is a ***. only works if the eye pc is straight up, will not rotate with the body. uesless.
so i ended up with
Meopta MeoStar S2 82mm HD Angled Combo, 20-70X with cover for $2230
my choice was influenced by building a second long range rifle which drained some funds
i will be selling my Regal M2 100ED
Spotting Scope

thanks to all that helped

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.