X-caliber carbon fiber barrel

Barrel is chambered I'll keep everyone posted as to when it gets back. Just over 3.5lbs for a chambered 1.25 straight contour. Pretty excited about that. Barrel vise and action wrench will be here these week. Hoping to start break in this weekend if everything shows up

Attachments

• 8C71B2C9-7CA5-4184-9FC0-49969C5F012C.jpeg
    8C71B2C9-7CA5-4184-9FC0-49969C5F012C.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 198
  • 6176ED22-65FA-483F-BA48-9B3D176135AD.jpeg
    6176ED22-65FA-483F-BA48-9B3D176135AD.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 184
I scoped my new carbon and the bore is as polished and clean as any I have ever seen. Need to install and shoot it but just haven't taken the time to do so yet. In the middle of predator season and not wanting to swap yet.
Their hand lapped barrels, clean up really easy and the break-in process, if you want to call it that, is not really needed but, the barrel will speed up after about 100 rounds.

Their hand lapped barrels, clean up really easy and the break-in process, if you want to call it that, is not really needed but, the barrel will speed up after about 100 rounds.
yeah this will be my 2nd x. 1st is SS. I have 3 proof carbons and have high hopes it performs with them. Proof has been awesome for me but wanted an alternative.

No meaning to run this thread off track but, a quick explanation of NRL Hunter Class would be appreciated, as I can't really understand the specs/class?

No meaning to run this thread off track but, a quick explanation of NRL Hunter Class would be appreciated, as I can't really understand the specs/class?
No problem! I'll try to keep it short and to the point. The hunter series is a new series to help and push hunters to be better at what they love. There are 3 "classes" 1: factory, a rifle bought from factory with no add ons besides a muzzle break if the SKU of the rifle came with a threaded muzzle also I believe these rifles are under the 12# guideline 2: light custom, any rifle set up weighing under 12# 3: heavy custom, any rifle under 16#
Weight restrictions include anything on the rifle minus mag. So bipod muzzle break suppressor sling or any accessories. Factory is straight from the factory rifles no trigger upgrades cheek risers or threading muzzles. There is a power factor of 380000 which is calculated by: bullet gr x muzzle velocity FPS

the matches are all blind stages so no help from other competitors. ROs give a explanation of target areas and you find range then engage targets. It's tough and incredibly fun. I suggest looking up the hornady precision hunter match that was held right here in CO at the new cameo sporting complex. They hosted it on shooting sports tv if I remember correctly.

hope this helps break down what this rifle is being built for. You can check out nrlhunter.org for more information

No problem! I'll try to keep it short and to the point. The hunter series is a new series to help and push hunters to be better at what they love. There are 3 "classes" 1: factory, a rifle bought from factory with no add ons besides a muzzle break if the SKU of the rifle came with a threaded muzzle also I believe these rifles are under the 12# guideline 2: light custom, any rifle set up weighing under 12# 3: heavy custom, any rifle under 16#
Weight restrictions include anything on the rifle minus mag. So bipod muzzle break suppressor sling or any accessories. Factory is straight from the factory rifles no trigger upgrades cheek risers or threading muzzles. There is a power factor of 380000 which is calculated by: bullet gr x muzzle velocity FPS

the matches are all blind stages so no help from other competitors. ROs give a explanation of target areas and you find range then engage targets. It's tough and incredibly fun. I suggest looking up the hornady precision hunter match that was held right here in CO at the new cameo sporting complex. They hosted it on shooting sports tv if I remember correctly.

hope this helps break down what this rifle is being built for. You can check out nrlhunter.org for more information
Thanks, carry on with the barrel thread!

I was also curious what this is. Sounds like a great time!

Ordered a 5r 7-08 barrel a couple weeks ago. This will be my first X-caliber barrel. I have been running McGowen barrels on my savages and they have been very good. Seems to take a little longer to speed up. My last 2 barrels took a little over 200 rounds to finally speed up and shoot like I expected. My buddy swears by X-caliber so I decided to give them a shot on my sons 7-08. It will be an exact replica ( minus the bolt ) to his 10/22 carbon fiber with a Magpul stock. Now just waiting on the Magpul to get in gear and finally come out with the Savage Hunter 110