X Bolt Max Long Range Hunter

Scheels in Sparks, NV has one in 6.5 creedmor
I have one on order in 28 nosler, however the stock feels very plastic, not sure I like the feel so far. May take time to get use to it.

Any Browning dealer should be able to order one for you. Sometimes that's the only way to get certain chamberings. I'd reach out to Northern Firearms on Gunbroker and see if they can get you one, they generally have the best pricing on X-bolts.

Any Browning dealer should be able to order one for you. Sometimes that's the only way to get certain chamberings. I'd reach out to Northern Firearms on Gunbroker and see if they can get you one, they generally have the best pricing on X-bolts.
I have one coming, should be here next week.
Just not completely sold on the stock.
Thanks

I have always wondered why no one ever builds a precision rifle with a Browning action . I had a Browning with the Boss system years ago and could never get it to shoot worth a ****.

There are currently two after market triggers for the X Bolt, plus the MCarbo spring kit. I installed the MCarbo kits on three of my X Bolts and they are pretty easy to do. Excellant results.
I too wonder why nobody has gotten on the bandwagon with X Bolt aftermarket stocks. They obviously aren't going away... Browning is selling the schitt out of them and expanding the line every year.

I have always wondered why no one ever builds a precision rifle with a Browning action . I had a Browning with the Boss system years ago and could never get it to shoot worth a ----.
I have a custom built on an A-Bolt action. Shoots d*mn fine. And both of my A-Bolts shot sub-MOA with factory barrels with BOSS systems.

I have a custom built on an A-Bolt action. Shoots d*mn fine. And both of my A-Bolts shot sub-MOA with factory barrels with BOSS systems.
MR- It sounds like you got another barrel on that A-Bolt. My X-bolt in 243 has well over 2K rounds through it and accuracy is still quite good. But I will need to rebarrel it some day and will probably switch to a different short action caliber. What kind of barrels did you go with and who did you use to install it?

MR- It sounds like you got another barrel on that A-Bolt. My X-bolt in 243 has well over 2K rounds through it and accuracy is still quite good. But I will need to rebarrel it some day and will probably switch to a different short action caliber. What kind of barrels did you go with and who did you use to install it?
I used an old 26" magnum sporter barrel I had laying around that barely had any rounds through it, and was a proven shooter. My local Smith did the work. He's not a big name or anything, just a local machinist who does gunsmith work in his spare time.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.