Would you reload this brass?

TORCHRIDER

I bought some .270 Winchester brass and every one of the cases has the below mark which I assume is made by a copper crush cylinder from a pressure tester? I am concerned about reloading this brass because I have no idea how much pressure these cases were subjected to. Would you feel safe reloading this brass?

Last edited:
keep that one handy and clean and full length size the rest. Now compare them one at a time with the saved 1 and see if you can notice any change. If there is not a noticeable change I would load 5 clean and resize them and check for a difference.
I cannot guess as to what made those marks.
Where did you get that brass? I do not think that a lab would put the brass on the market after testing. The brass may have been fired in a rifle that has a very noticeable flaw in the chamber.............

I bought some in .223 rem and they had the pressure test mark on them and have had no problems with them. I know other guys have bought them and had no problems either.

If the primer pockets are tight enough for a good seal, and your resizing die will resize them to fit your chamber, load them and shoot them.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.