Wolves poisoned in Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say a lot for a guy who has no idea what he's talking about.

1) I was joking about living in a "bustling metropolis." There are no bustling metropolises in Montana. You would know that if you had ever been out here where, you know, the wolves are. The biggest and most "urban" cities are Billings, Bozeman and Missoula. I don't live there.

2) I've lived in five other states (and four countries). None of them were New York or California.

3) Yes, you have big coyotes in Pennsylvania. They aren't wolves.

4) I agree wolves should be managed by the state in the same way states manage other big game species. The state of Oregon is the one managing their wolf population. The wolves in eastern Oregon are not federally protected. They're part of the Northern Rocky Mountain wolf population. They're managed by the ODFW. The laws that were broken? State laws. Not federal laws. You would know these particular wolves weren't managed by the "do gooders in Washington" if you actually lived near wolves. You don't. You live in Pennsylvania, where you have big coyotes and strong opinions about "city folk," but no wolves.

I like elk, and I like hunting elk. I like wolves, and I like hunting wolves. I don't like people illegally poisoning wolves. I don't like people illegally poisoning elk, even though I've seen the damage they can do to the ag land around where I live. I think states should appropriately manage them. I don't think people should take to poisoning or illegally shooting them in the middle of the night. That's against the North American model of conservation. I'm curious...what other kinds of poaching are you a big fan of?

We--the people who live with wolves--don't need help from you east coast types telling us how to manage them. You think because you don't live in a city you're some how more qualified than other people who don't live around wolves. Maybe next you'll tell the people of Botswana how to deal with their elephants, and if a local doesn't agree when you advocate poaching them, you can accuse him of being a city do-gooder.

I wish you the best of luck in your big coyote hunting.
You were able to look where I live but didn't notice the Pennsylvania antelope? I don't live with wolves, you're right but to think I'm not informed about wolves is just stupid on your part. I don't poach or like poaching and if the states did a better job controlling wolves you wouldn't have this. You are in the slim minority with your posts in case you didn't notice that. Everyone has a opinion just like a** holes. I will be hitting the ignore tab for you because you aren't worth getting banned for. Have a good day!

It is well known where I live that wolves will kill many domestic animals for pleasure practice or some other reason. Turkeys are particularly at risk. Large outdoor flock losses can run 100,000's of dollars in damage.

I know i am late to the Party. But remember our Constitution says, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." Would someone point out to me where the people granted control of any natural resource to the Feds'. If the Govs' of the six states with the worst of the wolf problem would have done their job we would not be in the mess we are in now. I reside in Wisconsin, we were to have 250 or so wolves, we have 1200 or so. My Grand son has lost two of his hunting dogs to wolves already.

You were able to look where I live but didn't notice the Pennsylvania antelope? I don't live with wolves, you're right but to think I'm not informed about wolves is just stupid on your part. I don't poach or like poaching and if the states did a better job controlling wolves you wouldn't have this. You are in the slim minority with your posts in case you didn't notice that. Everyone has a opinion just like a** holes. I will be hitting the ignore tab for you because you aren't worth getting banned for. Have a good day!
It's a pretty nice antelope. Run into a lot of wolves trying to get it out?

I'm just a dumb city boy. Wouldn't know anything about all that.

Attachments

• antelope.png
    antelope.png
    414.5 KB · Views: 79
Maybe Len should make the subject of wolves off limits along with politics.
A rule that you have to demonstrate experience with the topic at hand before making definitive posts would go a lot further. A rule that requires you prove that experience with pictures/video... over some extended period of time.

The only issue with any of these topics that become heated, is the number of people participating that have no clue what they are talking about. If they had experience, they'd know how ridiculous they sound... but they don't have experience, so they think they can "fake it until they make it." They can't, and those with experience know it... so the experienced only get to choose from withdrawing, or fighting against the stupidity. Either way, the stupidity seems to win, because illogical people do not behave logically. Only an illogical person could ever think their inexperienced opinion should be worth anything, much less defending. So withdrawing and abandoning everyone here becomes the only viable option for an intelligent person to choose.

Those of you dealing with the wolf problem, I wish you all the greatest blessings. You're going to need it... because there is no shortage of illogical people that will smash their own ships on the rocks as long as it means sinking you too. Their need to win is greater than their need to pursue truth. There will be more of them every day.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Please forgive my ignorance, but aren't these the same wolves that were "reintroduced" in the Yellowstone area back in 2005-06ish , but are the wrong species and are actually an invasive species??
I thought that too, but could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.