Wolves in MT

Has anyone here had luck blasting one? I'd love to call one in, but I've heard it's usually a waste of a day sitting in the cold. Not an easy endevour.

Lots have shot them.Usually a opportune time thing.Many call them in, but its like calling a caggy elk and you have to constantly watch wind, the circle to wind you.One guy I know spends time right after fresh snow, finds fresh kill and tracks them down, big caller too.Think he is at over 14,saw him on a mountain this year...

Not yet, I bought an electronic caller, I'll give that a try.
Yeah, I would like to get one as well. I've been told you can use coyote howl calls to bring them in if there is a pack somewhat close by. Wolves are the big kid on the block that don't like the competition. I have some hand calls and would like to try them with this tactic this winter. Down side is you may call in a coyote to blast!
Lots have shot them.Usually a opportune time thing.Many call them in, but its like calling a caggy elk and you have to constantly watch wind, the circle to wind you.One guy I know spends time right after fresh snow, finds fresh kill and tracks them down, big caller too.Think he is at over 14,saw him on a mountain this year...
Sure. I've seen a couple out big game hunting but they were running like Mach 10 to avoid me and there is no way I could get a shot. Seems that's the way most get them…gut piles or dumb luck occurrence. Seems a fella just needs to spend time doing it until you figure it out.

We found following elk herds and ghosting along being aware of the wind and then ambushing them, when they go after lunch...but that is a Long term scouting proposition type of hunt, we mostly trap them here or catch them on route runs when they patrol their territory.

Saw plenty of tracks in 216 during the rifle opener, walked up on a cat too! Happy to share specifics if anyone is ion that area...

It was discouraging to say the least, one of the guys took a decent bear up in the crag.