Wolf scoreboard.

What he said!!

Jeff
Sounds like you guys need to head up here to the NW. We've got just enough snow to track em, but not so much that it's a pain to hike in. And plenty o' mutts to go around. I know you've got em too... but just incase you get bored waiting for snow:D. Sounds like you might get your wish in the next day or two. We'll keep our fingers crossed for ya.

My buddies wife's family are all up north so he's packing up his goodies and will try to get one, they got a shot last time but missed and the wolf came back that night and left a calling card in the drive way.

I've been trying to kill wolves down here to try to help the areas I hunt elk in, hopefully some snow rolls in kinda feeling like it!

Sounds like you guys need to head up here to the NW. We've got just enough snow to track em, but not so much that it's a pain to hike in. And plenty o' mutts to go around.

Problem is, I don't have a place to hunt up there. If you have some intel to share and permission to go in. I will make plans for a road trip. There will be two of us with tags, and the equipment t go the distance.

Jeff gun)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem is, I don't have a place to hunt up there. If you have some intel to share and permission to go in. I will make plans for a road trip. There will be two of us with tags, and the equipment t go the distance.

Jeff gun)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wouldn't even bother with private land around here. Plum Creek and Stoltz land are open to the public plus theres a ton of BLM land west of Kalispell (most of the way to Libby) A buddy of mine who works for PLum Creek saw a pack of 7or8 down the Redgate Road two days ago. Plum Creek won't let their employees carry guns in company trucks, so all he could do was watch em. I've seen them in the same area several times over the last month or two. There's usually some to be had round the Thompson River Road as well, but I haven't talked to any one whos been out that way lately. I know a guy that has a big spread near Eureka that's good about letting people hunt his place, but I don't know if he's seen any lately, I'll call him tonight.

I'm going the the VFW tonight to watch the Blackhawks game. There should be a few guys in there that might know a thing or two as well. I'll ask around while I'm there and let you know what I find out tomorrow. We're supposed to be getting a little snow every day for the next few days too, so it should be good hunting. I'll keep ya posted, and see if I can get some more specific directions as well.

Cody

State kills wolves in wake of teacher death
Read more here: | Alaska news at adn.com don't know if you guys got this story from earlier this year in the lower 48. I'll try to post a link. Can't find the follow up but wolves were verified as killers through dna testing.

State kills wolves in wake of teacher death
Read more here: | Alaska news at adn.com don't know if you guys got this story from earlier this year in the lower 48. I'll try to post a link. Can't find the follow up but wolves were verified as killers through dna testing.
That's spooky stuff. I hope it doesn't come to that in MT before the state starts taking a bit more positive action.

Cody, Thanks!!!

Jeff
My pleasure, just be sure to bring your friends, and their friends as well. I caught the game on TV at home so I didn't make it out to ask around yet, but I'll try to get down there in the next day or two. The guy from Eureka wasn't home, but I left a message. Hopefully he's isn't out of town for the Holidays. I'll keep ya posted.
Cody

My pleasure, just be sure to bring your friends, and their friends as well. I caught the game on TV at home so I didn't make it out to ask around yet, but I'll try to get down there in the next day or two. The guy from Eureka wasn't home, but I left a message. Hopefully he's isn't out of town for the Holidays. I'll keep ya posted.
Cody

I remembered I have to feed alone here on the ranch on the week of the 26th through the first. The ranch manager is going to visit family. So it will be after that brfore I can come. I will talk to my buddy and see if he can come too.

I appreciate th help Cody.

Thanks
Jeff

I remembered I have to feed alone here on the ranch on the week of the 26th through the first. The ranch manager is going to visit family. So it will be after that brfore I can come. I will talk to my buddy and see if he can come too.

I appreciate th help Cody.

Thanks
Jeff
No prob, looks like you guys are about to get your snow. The weather man says it's supposed to be a good pounding. Hope it helps ya track em around there in the mean time.
Cody

No prob, looks like you guys are about to get your snow. The weather man says it's supposed to be a good pounding. Hope it helps ya track em around there in the mean time.
Cody

We have a fresh inch this morning. Just ran my traps.

It will help, I know where 2 or 3 woofs are right here in the neighborhood. But this quots area is closed already..:rolleyes: So I guess I will be calling yotes.

Jeff gun)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts