Wolf scoreboard.

no more work for me but a little more for the horse once we got the horse close enough to load the wolf my horses have packed every thing but a wolf and they wonted nothing to do with that stinking wolf I had to use a tarp to rap the wolf in before the horse would let use put the wolf on

How would a non-resident get in on some of this action? We been seein a few here and there in northern Missouri for the last few years but conservation department denies they are here...my wife had a rather close encounter last deer season with two black ones in our small town(they drug the neighbors deer outa his tree) I drive a semi so getting to the northwest with a few days to kill isn't much trouble...and I'd think my 300wsm oughta work for a wolfin rig....

With the tag prices looks like me and the wife will be going to Idaho next fall/winter for some wolf huntin......unless Montana drops their prices...alot.....

I have gone out several times looking for these critters and have come up empty. Went out this past thursday and finally found a fresh track. I'll try again on wed. and see if what happens.
Wish me luck.

405win said:
I have gone out several times looking for these critters and have come up empty. Went out this past thursday and finally found a fresh track. I'll try again on wed. and see if what happens.
Wish me luck.

Where you huntin at? I just talked to a friend of mine in missoula that hunts at the hole in the wall n he said they were everywhere but he couldn't get a shot off....

Wish me luck.
I'd try Hubbard Dam Rd, or Redgate Rd west of Kalispell. We were out there last weekend and saw tons of tracks, several of which were fresh, the weather was just too foggy to see anything. The ACM rd west is usually a good bet too.

Good Luck,
Cody

Good job guys........ hopefully Washington will fallow suite and let us kill them.... but I'm not holding my breathe.

Son in law reported yesterday that a friend of his got his second on just days ago.

Hanging at check in point weight was 186 pounds, which seems about the top weight except after they have gorged.

This thread sucks with-out pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheese Jim cut me some slack.:)

I'll see if son in law's friend has a pic or two. But am not crossing fingers.

Next year I'm headed for the same place where he shot his two. With those two gone the pack is estimated to be down to 5 maybe six. They are in a location that is home to a great herd of elk. There are a couple of really great bulls there. Really great. S-i-Ls bull this year was decent @ 346.

There aren't that many areas with the numbers of elk hanging together are at the numbers there. Thus much time will be spent scouting the woof population. My immediate family will have 10 woof tags for 2012.

Roy, I would find a couple more guys with wolf tags and send them there.
That or a stray dog with distemper:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts