WildcatBullet 338 cal 350 gr elevation at 2000 yards ???

DANTEC

anybody can share elevation he get at 2000 yards with linked datas as
muzzle velocity ?
atmospheric pressure?
air density ?

in the aim to compare with 300 SMK

good shooting

DAN TEC

I think DANTEC is going to back-calulate the BC using someone's 2000 yard data.

He'll need atmospherics and bullet drop information, or maybe just rifle zeropoint distance and then scope (MOA) elevation to get to 2000 yards. Scope height too I guess.

Oh, I see.
Well, here's my info:
300 grain bullet w/ rated bc of .768 at 3005 fps.

Rifle zeroed at 1500 yards and is 40" high at 100 yards.

It took between 29 minutes and 31 minutes to hit around the gong.

Elevation is 4888, humidity was about 30%, temp was 50, pressure was around 30.0, wind direction variable but not more than 3-4 mph at the bench. It was blowing towards us though on most shots, and was blowing harder around the target most of the time. Up to 10mph I would say sometimes.

Scope is mounted about 2.50" off bore.
This is going to be hard to figure in this way because of all the variables encountered in that long distance. Probably the only way to really get the bc at that range (if you don't have a mile's worth of cable for the Model 43) is to do a doppler radar test. Anyone got one!?

Let me know what you find. I am curious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dantac,

I will be testing the 350 gr pills soon but at the moment we are having the worst blizzard yet this winter and it is supposed to say this way till early next week.

When I finally get out to test the 350 gr pills I will post the results.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Exactly? OK

N 47 30.362
W 111 48.618

Or 25 miles due west of Great Falls MT. West central part of the state.

Ok thanks for the imputs :

300 grain bullet w/ rated bc of .768 at 3005 fps.

Rifle zeroed at 1500 yards and is 40" high at 100 yards.

It took between 29 minutes and 31 minutes to hit around the gong.

Elevation is 4888
humidity was about 30%
temp was 50
pressure was around 30.0
wind direction variable but not more than 3-4 mph at the bench.
Scope is mounted about 2.50" off bore.

I need to know the elevation between your closet zero ( 100? 200 ? ) and 1500 yards by the way I can link your muzzle velocity to the trajectory because if you make zero at 1500 yards I doesn t know the velocity at 1500 yards

good shooting

DAN TEC

[ QUOTE ]
I need to know the elevation between your closet zero ( 100? 200 ? ) and 1500 yards by the way I can link your muzzle velocity to the trajectory because if you make zero at 1500 yards I doesn t know the velocity at 1500 yards

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Tell me again what you need. Forgive me.

goodgrouper, he wants to know how much elevation it takes to get from your 100 yard zero to 1500 yards.

You didn't say what your closest sight in distance, you told him it took 29 minutes of elevation, but 29 minutes from where? 100 yards 200 yards?

Oh, OK. It takes another 29 minutes <font color="blue"> from</font> the 1500 yard zero to make it to 2000.

[ QUOTE ]
how much elevation it takes to get from your 100 yard zero to 1500 yards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know this one in reality because I can't zero it at 100. The scope won't come down that far. According to the ballistic program, it has to be 40" high at 100 to give the 1500 yard zero.

Crunching the numbers, it would be
38.19MOA from 100-1500, or
67.19 from 100-2000.

Okay just trying to figure this one out. We have Dantec running numbers to figure bc out from how many moa or clicks it took and then we had kirby do the same thing and was bashed on it about how erroneous of an error it is. What is the differance or am i missing something. Not trying to start anything just wondering for clarification? The way i see it Both guys are doing the same method and Dantec is using the customary .25" click value for moa. How do you know it is a true .25min click and not a higher value?

Either way from my understanding and what has went on in the discussion about Wildcat bullets bc's is can't go by what one guy gets from how many moa it took for him. Unless goodgrouper of whomever would actually give true specs on his scope using a true .25 min click scope (as advertised) is flawed.

Help me out and understand this. What is making this situation different from previous discussions?

Matt27,

My testing method is to simplistic to offer hard reliable data /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!

I guess that kind of defines me, simple!!

To each his own but there are far more ways to skin a cat then with a computer or a ballistics calculator in my opinion.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.