375 cal. 350 gr SMK

philny1

Have no use for em myself, but I was surprise to see 375 cal. 350 gr SMK on special at Graf. $47.99 per hundred, is that a deal??

Phil

I would bet they are seconds. I have gotten a couple reports of seconds being sold cheap. I would stay away from them as the early batches had some jacket issues when used in the bit 408 CT wildcats. If your using a standard magnum, they would likely be fine but can not say for sure why they are so cheap.

Standard price is twice what they are asking.

It would likely work in the factory 375 RUM. I am not sure what the factory twist Rem is using now in their 375s but if its a 1-10, it should definately work. If its a 1-12, marginal I would say.

I have only tested this bullet at velocities from around 3200 to a bit over 3300 fps. At those velocities and at my altitude, I use a BC of .775 for my drop chart to match up with bullet trajectory.

The price was acutally 57.xx - 62.xx shipped.

The only special consideration was that they are bulk which tends to validate Kirby's suggestion that they may be blemishes........

I got 100 on the way just in case.:rolleyes: I'm getting pretty punchy regarding availability of bullets.

At the moment I have one main LRH rifle and not worthy bullets for it and I'm about to end up, I have a feeling, in the same boat with this next one.:rolleyes:

The price was acutally 57.xx - 62.xx shipped.

The only special consideration was that they are bulk which tends to validate Kirby's suggestion that they may be blemishes........

I got 100 on the way just in case.:rolleyes: I'm getting pretty punchy regarding availability of bullets.

At the moment I have one main LRH rifle and not worthy bullets for it and I'm about to end up, I have a feeling, in the same boat with this next one.:rolleyes:

My Graf flyer still reads $47.99 and you say they charged you $57.00 plus. No mention of being seconds either. I'd report em.

Philny1,

SIERRA 375(.375) 350gr HP BT BULLET M.K. BULK p/100 (SRA9350B)
1 in cart -- $57.99 each

Subtotal: $57.99
Handling & Insurance: $4.50
Total: $62.49

I think the flier may be limited to registered "insiders"?

For me, I'm thinking with a 3000 mv and if they have thinner jackets they may well work better than if started around 3350.

Get some and post the results.

I've got some coming. When the rifle gets finished I'll post results also.

Roy,

If that 375 has a 1: 10" twist, I am running some banded-solids this week which you may be interested in.

They are Match bullets, but oddly, you are not the first to look at this caliber as a LRH round, and I am considering producing a hunt variant.

Best,
Noel

338 Bruce,

I would not think you would ever have a problem. I shot the prototype bullets in my 375 AM and I only had a couple problems, most shot very well, exrtemely well and that was at 3300 fps.

At the velocity you will be driving them to which will be several hundred fps less then this, I would never think you will ever have a problem of any kind.

I can not say these bullets will be accurate, no idea why they are so cheap but if they are well made with no concentricity problems, they should shoot pretty well I would think.

I believe the reason for the two different prices was that the lower was from a dealers sheet.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.