375 cal 350 gr SMKs just arrived

royinidaho

Talk about mixed feelings! Great and dreadful:D

These are a bullet to fall in love with. I have not seen any more impressive projectile. Everything seems to be in near perfect proportions.

The dreadful part is the weight in the hand! I think I'm skeer'd. There just has to be some amount of recoil associated with this projectile.

However I can see how Berger could improve things with a bit more of a secant ogive.

Plus I think I'll invest in one of those new fangled bullet pointer things. As expected the meplates are a bit jagged.

Whoo Hooo I'm pumped.

Roy,

Can you give us one of those bullet lineup pictures please? (It was the tall guy with the coppertone tan...)

Thanks,

Jon

Roy that thing aint gonna kick ya.....Kirby's brakes are like magic:)

I have been shooting a 375 a little bit lately and it is a ***** cat. Not as tame as the 338AM but still very manageable. At the price those rocky mountain 375s are going for I would definitely be shooting the SMKs. 260 a pop I think is a little excessive. Maybe someone else will step up with some competition and lower those prices.

Post some pics of some groups when you get her.....that may be the deciding factor of whether I get one.

jmden,

I don't have much of a bullet selection here but I'll give it a go.

Eddybo - Wildcat is gearing up. Components and dies are either ordered or on the way.

I think I'm getting kicked out of here fairly soon. If so I'll see if Paul at WC could use another set of hands.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.