325 gr bullets in 375 cal and 338 cal

Swamplord

Chinchaga Bullets now offer 325 gr RBT Steel Tip Hybrid bullets in 375 and 338 calibers,
a new 360 gr 375 cal bullet is in the works along with a 260 gr 30 cal

visit the Chinchaga Bullets page on Facebook for more info

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 221
Swamplord thank you for sharing, those are some good looking bullets. Do you know what twist rate is recommended for the 338 bullet? Any BC information?

the 300 gr 338 cal bullet shot extremely well in my 9.5 tw 5R Obermeyer barrel at 338 Edge velocities,
For the 325 gr bullet I'd run a min of 8.5 tw but 9 tw should work in the 338 Norma, Lapua, RUM, Edge etc ... I am personally getting an 8 tw for long range use and I might convince Dale to make me a run of 350 gr 338 cal bullets to play with in my 338 Wolverine, It has plenty of case capacity for that bullet weight

as for bc's, there is none established yet and quoting computer generated numbers will just **** everybody off, Bryan Litz has been getting all of Dale's long range bullets for bc testing, all verified G1 and G7 bc's will be available once the results are in

Dale uses heavier jackets for his 338 cal bullets, my tests have shown the 300 gr bullets take out 5 water jugs at 50 yards and expand perfectly without core jumping jacket like the Hornady ELDX and ELDM bullets do in similar tests, see pic below

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 157
Probably just messin around and I found it amusing .....
bc numbers have become quite the debate issue around these parts, guys have been burned one too many times by wild claims from bullet manufacturers, most recent is Nosler with their ABLR bullets and especially the con artist scammer at Whiskey 3 Precision and his magic TAC PM bullets that he failed to deliver regardless of bc claims

Hey Dale..

Super excited about your 375 offering. I have a couple of questions..will the new 325 work in the field (hunting) as well as it does at the range? Also, I have a 10 twist in my 375. Will the 10 twist be optimal?

Thanks Swamp for the heads up on these...

Doublezranch
375/325Gr ST Hybrids would be fine in a 1:12 twist barrel. Your 1:10 will certainly work. I use JBM miller stability formula in determining required twist rates.

Thick jackets, along with steel ballistic tip to open bullet on impact have been a proven combo so far, but these bullets have not been "game tested" yet. Customers that have used my 338's for long range hunting have requested a 375 caliber line of bullets and this is what I've built.

What part of post #5 don't you understand!?

Probably just messin around and I found it amusing .....
bc numbers have become quite the debate issue around these parts, guys have been burned one too many times by wild claims from bullet manufacturers, most recent is Nosler with their ABLR bullets and especially the con artist scammer at Whiskey 3 Precision and his magic TAC PM bullets that he failed to deliver regardless of bc claims

Regardless, probably a better way to reply to the question (allbeit not a good one). Actually kinda of turned me off from ordering.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.