Who makes the best bolt gun hunting trigger?

If you hunt in a place where snow and ice are considerations, I recommend against one of the variants based on the Remington trigger.

I really like Tikka triggers, both factory and with an aftermarket spring.

As in….enclosed trigger! If so…..I'll pass, "especially" in places of potentially inclement weather! 😉 memtb

I own both Triggertech and BixNAndy triggers. I think the break on the Bix is a little "crisper". I don't think you can go wrong with either but I don't abuse my guns or run them in truly harsh conditions so I can't comment on whether one is more durable than the other.

Been Hunting in Montana spring and fall for 46 years with an enclosed trigger. Seen some pretty "inclement" weather. Never had any issues with the trigger never had any of my many acquaintances or family have an issue. A little common sense goes a long way when hunting in "inclement" weather.

Been Hunting in Montana spring and fall for 46 years with an enclosed trigger. Seen some pretty "inclement" weather. Never had any issues with the trigger never had any of my many acquaintances or family have an issue. A little common sense goes a long way when hunting in "inclement" weather.

Common Sense, has little to do with an accident (slip, trip, ect). If someone ascends/descends enough steep snow covered ridges, gets caught in a heavy, wet snow/ or rain, or cross enough flooded Willow Bottoms …..he/she will eventually slip/fall. Invariably…..the rifle action will get wet!

I know, we can keep the firearm in a "rifle condom"for protection, but to do that….ya ain't hunt'n! 😉 memtb

Common Sense, has little to do with an accident (slip, trip, ect). If someone ascends/descends enough steep snow covered ridges, gets caught in a heavy, wet snow/ or rain, or cross enough flooded Willow Bottoms …..he/she will eventually slip/fall. Invariably…..the rifle action will get wet!

I know, we can keep the firearm in a "rifle condom"for protection, but to do that….ya ain't hunt'n! 😉 memtb
Oh man! Have I lost count of the number of times that or similar has happened.

Interesting. I had a Timney go bad a bit over a year ago and wrote it off to a gunsmith popping it open to take the safety out, then opening it later to put it back to factory. I file 13'd it since it had been played with, but I'd bet the sear pin was out of kilter the way it acted.
I've got an Elite hunter in that rifle now and a Timney replacing a failed m700 factory trigger in another rifle. I might just try Trigger tech. if that's the way people are moving on aftermarket triggers lately.