Who makes the best bolt gun hunting trigger?

I used to be a big Timney fan, had their 510 in pretty much any Rem700 pattern gun I've ever owned. However, about 3 years ago I had a new match rifle built and they put in the new Elite Hunter (supposed to be the same as the 510) and I had a number of issues with sear engagement on in my Stiller Tac30, and an eventual sear pin failure (it just walked out and the whole trigger bound up). It went back to Timney and was fixed, but I was disappointed enough at the failure and still couldnt get sear engagement how I liked it so I swapped the trigger in that rifle to a TT Diamond based on a recommendation of a friend (went with the pro curved as it has the closest shoe to the 510).

After running that rifle for about 6 months with the new trigger, I've since swapped every rifle in the safe to TT Diamond pro curves. TT also makes a "Special" with the pro curved shoe on it, so no need to get the Diamond if you're looking to spend closer to Timney $$ on a trigger and don't need to go down below 2lbs on pull weight.

I put either of, the $10.00/ $20.00 Elay Precision or, Ernie the Gunsmith, Springs,.. in My Tikka's !
Elay Prec. for Varmint / Target and the Ernie's for, HUNTING, Big Game with my .270 WSM.
THEY, "Do the "Job", just,.. FINE !

Last edited:
I put either of, the $10.00/ $20.00 Elay Precision or, Ernie the Gunsmith, Springs,.. in My Tikka's !
Elay Prec. for Varmint / Target and the Ernie's for, HUNTING, Big Game with the .270 WSM.
THEY, "Do the "Job", just,.. FINE !
I don't even do that. My tikka with the screw undone is just about perfect for hunting imo.

I do think my triggertech feels a touch better, but man that tikka is hilariously good for a factory trigger

Had Alex Wheeler build me a hunting rifle on a Bat Vampire. He recommended Bix n Andy Tac sport. Since then I have removed a few Timneys and TT's in favor of BnA. I changed the trigger shoe to the gator grip on the BnA, It is the best set up for hunting I have had to date.

I'm gonna go with this one on my current build.
Trigger Tech Special
Pro Curved
Black PVD coated
1-1/2# pull
I have one of those on a rifle that was put together last year. Weight is set in the 2.5 pound range. I only have about 1,200 rounds on it, but no issues so far. I also have Primary and other Specials on a few other rifles. Thousands of rounds on those without issues in good conditions, rain, snow, below freezing, below zero, 100+ degrees.