Which scale?

Look at A&D specifically the 120 series or the Sartorius. I consider my sartorius Entris 323 entry level for a real good scale. Scales in these categories use magnetic force resolution for measurement method and not the strain gauge type in the cheaper models
So the trx uses the stain gauge? The a&d has a 5 year warranty where as the TRX is 1, so I guess that's something to consider.

I bought my A&D 120 at the link below

$637 + shipping

A&D you can add an Auto Trickler down the road.......

happy star wars GIF

A&D you can add an Auto Trickler down the road.......

happy star wars GIF
Out of stock, I left my email so they can notify me when back, honestly the 5 year warranty is what sells me on it, it would suck to get the other one and have it go bad a little after a year, which would be my luck.

This. Hand me down from brother when he upgraded to V4, had the FX120i for over a decade.

I was gonna buy a 300blk upper for around 500.00 plus I would need dies and whatever else, decided against it cause 75 percent of what makes it good I can't have in NY, so I guess this scale will be my 300blk and I'll use it more, I'll just have to wait till it's back in stock. I had a feeling 300.00 wouldn't cover it, lol.

I'm such a bad influence 🤣

But in all seriousness, I use a V4 and some guys I shoot with have used V3s for a long time, and the scale has been consistent over the long haul. Quality bit of kit that isn't really even intended for reloading, it stands up on it's own as a lab balance from a reputable company and just happens to be exactly what we need.

I got a line conditioner to protect my stuff, my lights flicker occasionally so I run anything expensive through a Tripp Lite (even my previous Hornady scales). I'm on my third power supply in my desktop over the last 5-6 years, we get a lot of lightning in the spring so it's worth it to me to have decent voltage and surge protection. Leaving it unplugged is a safe bet, also. The warm up time in nil before it stabilizes, 5 mins and mine zeros out correctly - I left it on for a few days one time after I was done loading and there was zero drift.

I use a TrippLite 1200W and a Kill-a-Watt to try to not nuke my electronics:
Amazon product ASIN B000RGF29Q

Get a Dillon. Not the cheapest. Although it isn't covered by their "no B.S. warranty, because it is electronic. they will sell you a new one for half price if it it quits.

So, looking for a comparison between these 2. I get the price, and it matters. I also see the V4 compatibility issue.

I guess I wonder which one is most sensitive to kernel additions and how they compare in their time to stabilize??

I'd be set on the Creedmoor, but not sure how long it takes to settle.

The FX-120i has a ~1 second stabilization time, and SD of repeatability of 0.015 gn, and a linearity error of 0.03 gn. I don't see it specifically listed but looking at the specs I would think the minimum detectible change would around 0.015 to 0.03 gn.

Creedmoor doesn't list that information (at least not anywhere I can find), but if you called them I assume they'd be able to tell you.

This is a very interesting article apparently from the guy at Creedmoor who came up with the specs for their scale, as a direct counter for the A&D FX-120i. The software side uses grains natively instead of grams and the calibration weight is better for the range of weights loaders use.

If the McD team could get software compatible with the TRX-925 it would look to be a good match.

The FX-120i has a ~1 second stabilization time, and SD of repeatability of 0.015 gn, and a linearity error of 0.03 gn. I don't see it specifically listed but looking at the specs I would think the minimum detectible change would around 0.015 to 0.03 gn.

Creedmoor doesn't list that information (at least not anywhere I can find), but if you called them I assume they'd be able to tell you.

This is a very interesting article apparently from the guy at Creedmoor who came up with the specs for their scale, as a direct counter for the A&D FX-120i. The software side uses grains natively instead of grams and the calibration weight is better for the range of weights loaders use.

If the McD team could get software compatible with the TRX-925 it would look to be a good match.
But I thought the strain gauge was sub par to the 120i?

He's saying his software accounts for that. If there was an option for a V4 to run on more scales they'd probably sell even more of them. I wouldn't mind running one on a Satorious.