Which scale?

I don't think you included that point in the post I quoted, so to that point specifically - no, if what you're doing is working for you then why would you care.

I recommend higher end scales to people because I think the combination of accuracy, precision, speed, and ease of use is well worth what you pay to get it. If someone else doesn't value each of those to the same level I do, of course it won't be worth 3x the cost for them. Do you get all four of those things out of your setup? If yes, great. We can each make great, high quality stuff in a multitude of different ways.

I didn't change because my previous scales were bad - they could be made to produce very accurate results. But it was taking way too much time, too much effort, and was frustrating me to the point I didn't want to do it anymore. It comes down to I was willing to pay more to shoot more by loading faster. The V4 is hands-free, drops to the 0.02gn, and most importantly has a charge waiting every time I reach for it. My biggest reason for moving was speed, and keeping accuracy and precision high at the speed I wanted to move at. I have kids, jobs, lots going on, and while I do enjoy loading a lot, I don't enjoy trickling single kernels of powder around enough to not spend half the cost of a barrel on a tool that I'll use for a very long time to do it for me.

I could have done three Charge Masters to maybe get to the same point, but "ease of use" wouldn't have been there because I don't have the space to line those up.
And just so we get it all out there, I have the A&D scale and the V4 on order… I was just playing devils advocate on the issue. I'm alway happy to get bright new shiny things that work well…. Good discussion tho, for ppl just getting started out and wondering if they need to drop all that money to get going.

So what would be needed for auto drop setup for 120i, obviously the scale and then what else
You mean the Auto Trickler V4? Just buy the one-piece deal, everything you need included.

If you mean putting one together to use on the 120i, I did a Dandy trickler and whatever bulk dropper you want to use. Bench mount manual, AutoCharge, Lee scopes, whatever you want to use for the first 95% of the drop.

And just so we get it all out there, I have the A&D scale and the V4 on order… I was just playing devils advocate on the issue. I'm alway happy to get bright new shiny things that work well…. Good discussion tho, for ppl just getting started out and wondering if they need to drop all that money to get going.
Fair enough, end game is results on target, that's all that matters in the sense of QC. Speed is a personal deal.

You mean the Auto Trickler V4? Just buy the one-piece deal, everything you need included.

If you mean putting one together to use on the 120i, I did a Dandy trickler and whatever bulk dropper you want to use. Bench mount manual, AutoCharge, Lee scopes, whatever you want to use for the first 95% of the drop.

Fair enough, end game is results on target, that's all that matters in the sense of QC. Speed is a personal deal.
You know where to get best deal on combo? I think the thing that swings me toward the 120i is the warranty, they must have confidence in their product to offer 5yrs as opposed to the TRX which has 1year, if TRX breaks in couple years you saved nothing.

Yeah I ordered the 120i scale and V4 auto trickler as a package from CE… but there is a wait.. until then the charge master lite is serving me well…

You know where to get best deal on combo? I think the thing that swings me toward the 120i is the warranty, they must have confidence in their product to offer 5yrs as opposed to the TRX which has 1year, if TRX breaks in couple years you saved nothing.
CE was the best I found.. for the A&D scale and auto trickler as a package

Agree, CE is the best deal on the V4 combo that I know of.
I think I'll just order the scale for now, I looked up the v4, almost as much as the scale, honestly the trickling doesn't really add a lot of time to reloading, some, yes, but I can live with it, most of the time is in case prep, at least for me.

I think I'll just order the scale for now, I looked up the v4, almost as much as the scale, honestly the trickling doesn't really add a lot of time to reloading, some, yes, but I can live with it, most of the time is in case prep, at least for me.
Maybe I'll just buy new Lapua brass to reload for everytime I shoot, cut down on the brass prep.

Very fair decision.

If you ever wanted a Dandy Trickler or a Hornady AutoCharge I know where you could get them to use with that new fancy lab scale😂
Maybe I'll just buy new Lapua brass to reload for everytime I shoot, cut down on the brass prep.
😂

But then you never get stabilized brass and get to know the true joy of bumping a fully formed shoulder 2 thou and just barely snicking that action down on a perfectly perfect hand crafted case that you take more pictures of than your first born, then your wife shakes her head and walks away muttering.

I'm in the same boat. I don't shoot enough to warrant the auto trickler, but drifting electronic scales are frustrating. The wife now tells all her friends that I spend too much time "making bullets" instead of completing the never ending honey do list.