Precision Scale which one

I currently have a gempro 250 that I use to trickle the load into for my best loads. I would like to step up to a scale that has at least 3 decimal places to get even more precise on the loads. What suggestions do you have for the next scale?

I currently have a gempro 250 that I use to trickle the load into for my best loads. I would like to step up to a scale that has at least 3 decimal places to get even more precise on the loads. What suggestions do you have for the next scale?
Any step up from the Gem Pro will have to be an Electromagnetic Force Restoration scale, rather than one that uses a strain gauge. The entry level models include the Sartorius Entris 153-1S and the A&D FX-120i. Both are made over seas in Asia, but get solid reviews.

The only entry level MFR scale made in the US (Denver,CO) is the Scientech ZSP150. They use some sort of patented proprietary system that allows the scale to survive an incredible amount of abuse. I have thier SA310 analytical balance, and can vouch for both it's accuracy and durability.

For the first two, brand new from a retailer, you are looking at $700. For the Scientech, about $1000. They all occasionally show up as university or lab surplus from reputable resellers on Ebay.

However, the Scientech is the only one that you can send back for refurbishment to the folks in Colorado, at a reasonable price. Here is one that is "new" surplus for $488:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SCIENT...=item51da6985f5:g:J4wAAOSw9mFWJ7MP:rk:10:pf:0

It's a $1200 scale:
https://balance.balances.com/scales/964

Last edited:
Any step up from the Gem Pro will have to be an Electromagnetic Force Restoration scale, rather than one that uses a strain gauge. The entry level models include the Sartorius Entris 153-1S and the A&D FX-120i. Both are made over seas in Asia, but get solid reviews.

The only entry level MFR scale made in the US (Denver,CO) is the Scientech ZSP150. They use some sort of patented proprietary system that allows the scale to survive an incredible amount of abuse. I have thier SA310 analytical balance, and can vouch for both it's accuracy and durability.

For the first two, brand new from a retailer, you are looking at $700. For the Scientech, about $1000. They all occasionally show up as used surplus from Universities or Labs on Ebay.

However, the Scientech is the only one that you can send back for refurbishment, at a reasonable price, by the folks in Colorado.

This is all correct. The Gempro 250, when calibrated correctly, will measure one kernel of H1000. You may find faster but not really more usable accuracy.

Thanks guys, next question is how much heat and cold can either the Sartorius Entris 153-1S and the A&D FX-120i stand? My reloading is in a shed that normally does not have the A/C or the heater going. I live in the Gulf South so the cold is not that much but the heat can be high with lots of humidity? For $700 + bucks invested will I need to bring it in and out when I want to use it?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts