Need new Scales......Which one perfectionist type recommendations needed!

This setup has proven to be extremely accurate and useable. At final weigh in on the Mettler, the difference of a fraction of one individual grain of powder can be weighed to make the load true. Throw the stated load on the RCBS a tad short, then add powder to within .1 milligram of target weight.

Attachments

• 210DA1EB-D0D2-400D-9B4F-CE43D208CBFD.jpeg
    210DA1EB-D0D2-400D-9B4F-CE43D208CBFD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
But I ain't watching a 5 hour video on anything. :eek:
I don't know, if he broke it up into 1-hour chunks and released it as a TV series I bet we could get non-reloaders to binge it on Netflix 😂

This setup has proven to be extremely accurate and useable. At final weigh in on the Mettler, the difference of a fraction of one individual grain of powder can be weighed to make the load true. Throw the stated load on the RCBS a tad short, then add powder to within .1 milligram of target weight.
I used to do this with a Hornady Autocharge and a lab balance. Part of the reason for my V4 was getting an all-in-one, hands free option. I've wondered if the Autotrickler software would work with a better balance that has better accuracy, because a V3 and the rotary trickler mentioned above could be a poor man's Prometheus if it was paired with a balance like yours.

🤣🤣🤣
at the guys cutting kernels!!.......I hope I never have it that bad!!! 🤪
No joke, if a load is so particular that a cut grain makes a difference I'm not sure I'll shoot it. I say that more as a statement about kernel size and not accuracy and precision of the charge weight.

If all those fancy high dollar scales make that big a difference, every world record should be falling. Some of my highest clean scores where shot filling cases by volume only checked every 10th round for weight. Some of the best shooters in the world are given contract ammo to shoot and have no idea what it even is, yet they win. Nothing makes you a better shooter like trigger time behind the gun.

If all those fancy high dollar scales make that big a difference, every world record should be falling. Some of my highest clean scores where shot filling cases by volume only checked every 10th round for weight. Some of the best shooters in the world are given contract ammo to shoot and have no idea what it even is, yet they win. Nothing makes you a better shooter like trigger time behind the gun.

Your statement may have some merit on a slinger target and maybe SR BR, but for LR Fclass and LR BR not so much.

Agreed, which is why something that can drop to the 1/10th of a grain in 15 seconds means I shoot a whole lot more than if I have to meter out powder any other way. It's there ready for me to dump as fast as I can do anything else in the process. Same reason I paid for many of the other tools to use, cheaper options abound, but as they say time is money.

They don't necessarily do anything better, they certainly do lots of things faster. While I'd argue that either of my automatic powder drops (AutoTrickler V4 and Hornady AutoCharge) are each significantly more accurate that the Lee disc and drum drops I still occasionally use for certain cases, even if there was a volumetric drop that was as accurate the speed wouldn't be different on a case to case basis, and the changeovers would still be faster with the V4.

Flip side argument for saving time. If I was a higher volume precision shooter I'd load on a Dillon progressive. I have no doubt I could get ammo made to my standards off one (maybe even with a volumetric drop), but I don't shoot any one case with enough volume to justify the time and expense in setting up that complex of an operation for one round.

And if anyone doubts, even the oft-linked to Erik Cortina uses automated Dillon presses in parts of his various loading processes. His automated pointing die set up would almost be worth the cost of the press to be able to run bullets through that fast.

And if anyone doubts, even the oft-linked to Erik Cortina uses automated Dillon presses in parts of his various loading processes.

That is for brass prep, and it is a highly modified Dillion.....I can promise you weighs to the kernel.

I know it's for prep. I'm not saying he doesn't weight small, I know he does because he uses a Prometheus.
1645470435026.png

I was saying the cost of time going to that level of cash investment isn't worth it for me. I'll point my bullets by hand because I'm not spending $5k on a 750 and an Autodrive. I love my for a V4 because it saves me a ton of time and is worth the $1k to me.

Are you saying he runs a Dillon 1150 with auto drive just for bullet prep?
Yup. 750 and not a 1150, but close enough.

I was saying the cost of time going to that level isn't worth it for me. I'll point my bullets by hand because I'm not spending $5k on a 750 and an Autodrive.

I agree, nor is it for me...I point mine by hand also. I looked into the whole Mark7 auto drive and it's great until it isn't. I'm not a machinist nor do I play one on TV. 😁