calipers, which one?

Mine holds zero and shows both standard and metric.

Link wont post. It an anytime caliper on amazon, $37

I think necro threads are funny, you get to see what new stuff has been marketed in the last 10 yrs. Add a couple theory changes, sit back and enjoy.
Feenix squelched this one way to quickly, I like reading how the Mitutoyo 6" has put thousands in the winners circle.
Nope, it is not going to be a showstopper!

Oddly, there are five suggested threads at the bottom of the page on the same topic that all but one are newer than this one, yet this is the one that got re-animated.

I buy tools from the companies known for that product. So measuring tools come from measuring tool companies like Mitutoyo, Starrett, Brown & Sharpe, etc., and NOT from a company known for reloading tools.

This might be an old thread, but I learned something from a recent post. Battery voltage can affect measuring accuracy. I'll start paying attention to that. Calipers getting fresh batteries tomorrow. Thanks for the information.

This might be an old thread, but I learned something from a recent post. Battery voltage can affect measuring accuracy. I'll start paying attention to that. Calipers getting fresh batteries tomorrow. Thanks for the information.
my Pittsburg and RCBS calipers display flashes when the battery needs to be replaced, does yours?

Last edited:
If I may, what brand are these calipers?

I don't recall any zero shift in the lone pair of Mitoyo's that I've had to replace the battery, but that was some time ago and any drift that may have happened is lost in the mist of time.

If I may, what brand are these calipers?

I don't recall any zero shift in the lone pair of Mitoyo's that I've had to replace the battery, but that was some time ago and any drift that may have happened is lost in the mist of time.
Starrett 798 and another non-branded knock off. But as I look into this further, I realize the -.0005 drift only occurs when I attach the bullet/case comparator hardware. This must be due to some very minor bearing surface differences of the attachments. Both return to zero each time with just the jaws. Still, if is see anomalies in the return to zero I will check the battery.