Which scale?

I bought my A&D 120 at the link below

$637 + shipping
Was seriously considering this one too

The FX-120i has a ~1 second stabilization time, and SD of repeatability of 0.015 gn, and a linearity error of 0.03 gn. I don't see it specifically listed but looking at the specs I would think the minimum detectible change would around 0.015 to 0.03 gn.

Creedmoor doesn't list that information (at least not anywhere I can find), but if you called them I assume they'd be able to tell you.

This is a very interesting article apparently from the guy at Creedmoor who came up with the specs for their scale, as a direct counter for the A&D FX-120i. The software side uses grains natively instead of grams and the calibration weight is better for the range of weights loaders use.

If the McD team could get software compatible with the TRX-925 it would look to be a good match.
Good read, maybe I'll go with it, save a bunch.

I have the Gen 6 I got at Cabelas, about $250.
The scale is accurate to .1gr. The balance shows you exactly what is dispensed. Comes with 50gr calibration check weight.
.1gr is so small % wise of a rifle load it is plenty accurate enough.

Although a balance is a .1gr, accuracy, the strain gauge is oscillating ever so slightly (on all electronic balances). . When the strain gauge settles down the computer picks the median value and displays it. I have worked with balances in the nanogram range and they all use the same logarithm. 4 an 5 place balances are usually mounted on massive granite tables to protect from outside vibrations. They can weigh a fingerprint.

the one thing I found out was in order for the scale to be accurately calibrated was to use a certified check weight. So thats what I got was the correct weight and certification check weight.

One thing with my sartorius, the dang check weight needed was the 200g check weight at $250 which is a little salty but buy once cry once
I will say that I use the two 50 gram calibration weights (100 total) from my RCBS scale for calibrating my A&D scale. I'm sure they aren't certified but I use them as "my" baseline for my reloading. They certainly could be +/- .005 off or more, but that's what I use.

There are many 200G weights out there for less than $20 bucks. Good enough to use to calibrate your scale.

Just my opinion.

the one thing I found out was in order for the scale to be accurately calibrated was to use a certified check weight. So thats what I got was the correct weight and certification check weight.
I get it, give it another month with this inflation and it'll be 350.00

My main desire on a scale is repeatability. Drift seems to be the biggest issue with electronic scales. To each their own with regard to the level of precision and the amount they are willing to pay for a scale. If I was competing at long range, I would probably not blink at paying $1K for scales and dispensers. The rabbit holes can get mighty deep when chasing the ultimate level of precision.

You really don't need a cal weight traceable to a National Std. weight. I have one but never use it - it has to be handled with the silk glove that comes with it. And, in my opinion you don't need a balance readable to more that .1gr for reloading unless you are going to take a razor and cut kernels or shave some off them. I have sold analytical balances for years, mostly Mettler, Ohaus and Sartorius and I think anything over .1gr is a waste of time and money. Besides, unless you have a draft shield and close it every time a .01gr may never settle down from air currents. Here are the weight classifications. https://www.scalesplus.com/blog/what-are-calibration-weight-classes/