Which binoculars????

950 demos which I've heard are basically new on cameraland. I scored a pair on ebay for 850. But like I said, compare the specs and you'll see why I opted for the razors. I have a few pair of diamondbacks which IMO are fine for picking out an elk, I've spotted oryx over a mile away w/ my 10x42 diamondbacks. I wanted the razors to help w/ shed hunting. Side by side they are a smidge less clear than swaros and at less than half the price the decision was easy for me.

*Edit, well maybe not a few hundred. I thought the vipers were pricier, but none the less they have 40' less fov at 1000 than the rzrs. I didn't like that esp when the diamondbacks have a 25' more fov than the vipers.

Excellent! Always love a good deal. Never tried the diamondbacks but the vipers have been great so far. Im a rare mix of clumsy and forgetful so between the two the swaros (in the end) were best not purchased considering my limitations. ;)

I use my either my 6x32 or 8x32 Vortex Vipers. Also carry the little Vortex 11-33x50 spotting scope and light tripod in my pack.

Hey guys, thanks for all the input on binoculars!!
I settled on vortex viper hd 10x42's and couldn't be happier!
Hope you all have a safe hunting season!
Thanks again,
Jerry

Some 20+ years ago I bought a pair of 10x40 (42?) Zeiss binos. German glass is expensive, but it's money well spent. We spend far, far more time glassing than we do looking through scopes. Your eyes will appreciate good glass. They're also great at baseball games. I can see beads of sweat on Mike Trout's forehead while sitting a hundred yards away.

I'm sure that there are many brands with great glass. Cost might shock you, but your eyes will thank you.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.