Ok which bullet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta See This Nft GIF by ChipPunks

This should be good. I will set the over-under on bullets not Barnes or Hammers at 6.
That said I like both, but Hammers win on accuracy and consistency. They both make stuff pretty dead.

Hammers for me. I've tried Barnes in a number of rifles, but only one could match a hammer for accuracy. That is my 7 STW with the old blue X bulle
Hammers or Barnes? 7mm

Either will do you just fine, I've killed and have seen a ton load of elk taken with the Barnes brand. Personally I prefer it when they keep all 4 petals intact, on the one's that have lost them they are basically a wadcutter pushing thru the flesh along with the 4 petals going thru. In our experience when they shed all 4 petals and wadcutter thru they'll still kill but they won't turf them near as quickly.

I've had good accuracy with both brands and no trouble getting either to perk.

Bottom line, I'd try them both in your 7 and see how they do for accuracy. The 120 TTSX has been a dragon slayer for us out of the Big 7'.! We've used the 140,150 and 160 as well.

Which 7mm are you running them thru?

Either will do you just fine, I've killed and have seen a ton load of elk taken with the Barnes brand. Personally I prefer it when they keep all 4 petals intact, on the one's that have lost them they are basically a wadcutter pushing thru the flesh along with the 4 petals going thru. In our experience when they shed all 4 petals and wadcutter thru they'll still kill but they won't turf them near as quickly.

I've had good accuracy with both brands and no trouble getting either to perk.

Bottom line, I'd try them both in your 7 and see how they do for accuracy. The 120 TTSX has been a dragon slayer for us out of the Big 7'.! We've used the 140,150 and 160 as well.

Which 7mm are you running them thru?
7remington mag

Barnes, over 50 years of hunting big game, nearly 30 of that has been with Barnes, before that noslers partitions, over twice as many kills with the Barnes and zero bullets failures and many more instant one shot kills, can't say that for the partition, I shoot the Barnes in 15 rifles in 8 calibers 10 different chamberings, all shoot better than moa, I tried hammers in 2 calibers and chamberings, on 8 animals, all went in the freezer, however I was left feeling they weren't a improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.