Ok which bullet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When this thread gets shut down then that will be another goal met by the Hammer Admin @FEENIX . It says he is the Hammer Admin in his avatar. For a while there were quite a few members that carried an avatar claiming to be Hammer Admin.

I'm pretty sure you have seen the angst and even anger that has been projected when people that like Hammer Bullets and interjected so in other threads without it being the topic of the op. I could be wrong but I distinctly remember @FEENIX having a very big issue with it and proclaiming that he did not want LRH to be about Hammer Bullets. Then started the crusade led by @FEENIX and his followers to make sure to monitor and inject other options to Hammer Bullets whenever possible. You know, for the sake of knowledge and choices. You have played a major role in role in this yourself. So, don't play ignorant.
I have commented on a lot of threads, but I have NEVER once said I hated Hammers Bullets or anything similar and I have never tried to purposely undermine you or anyone associated with you. I have given my opinions and perspectives and that's it. I have absolutely been accused of many things though to which I have defended, such as this latest statement. Things have gotten more heated than they ever should have. I have even been publicly accused of being someone else. I have always tried to be as civil and professional as possible though.

I will say it again: I have nothing against Hammer Bullets. I want only to help my fellow hunters learn about things that will help them succeed. That has been misconstrued so many times.

I have seen many threads starting out talking about lead core bullets turn into talking about monos (whether Hammer or not), so it goes both ways.

When I talk about limitations with certain bullets, it seems like people interpret that as I'm saying it's a bad bullet, or if I talk about certain features and how it can create certain trade offs in performance. It's not me trashing on them, it's discussing things that matter and that I feel should be considered.

Please don't be so quick to turn on people.

I have commented on a lot of threads, but I have NEVER once said I hated Hammers Bullets or anything similar and I have never tried to purposely undermine you or anyone associated with you. I have given my opinions and perspectives and that's it. I have absolutely been accused of many things though to which I have defended, such as this latest statement. Things have gotten more heated than they ever should have. I have even been publicly accused of being someone else. I have always tried to be as civil and professional as possible though.

I will say it again: I have nothing against Hammer Bullets. I want only to help my fellow hunters learn about things that will help them succeed. That has been misconstrued so many times.

I have seen many threads starting out talking about lead core bullets turn into talking about monos (whether Hammer or not), so it goes both ways.

When I talk about limitations with certain bullets, it seems like people interpret that as I'm saying it's a bad bullet, or if I talk about certain features and how it can create certain trade offs in performance. It's not me trashing on them, it's discussing things that matter and that I feel should be considered.

Please don't be so quick to turn on people.
I believe you are correct. I don't think you have ever said you "hate" Hammer Bullets. Just done a self proclaimed expert analysis of why not to use them. You are more subtle now than you used to be. But still do it. It's ok though. It goes both ways and I am fine with that. I believe that gives me the green light to interject my experience without solicitation? I made you a promise that I would not do so as long as you would stop doing it to Hammer Bullets. So where are we on that deal?

I believe you are correct. I don't think you have ever said you "hate" Hammer Bullets. Just done a self proclaimed expert analysis of why not to use them. You are more subtle now than you used to be. But still do it. It's ok though. It goes both ways and I am fine with that. I believe that gives me the green light to interject my experience without solicitation? I made you a promise that I would not do so as long as you would stop doing it to Hammer Bullets. So where are we on that deal?
I do not recall ever proclaiming I'm an expert. I have never done so. And if I'm more subtle now in your view, it's because I've learned how quickly I get misinterpreted and have taken steps to try to prevent that. I will take that as your perspective on it. My intentions have never been to offend anyone or trash anyone or anything. So when I was getting feedback as though it seemed I was, yes I changed my ways because that's not what I ever wanted or intended.

I also do not recall any such promise from you. Perhaps I missed it or forgot about it.

I also do not recall telling anyone not to use Hammers in any blanket type statement. I may have mentioned certain specific applications where I wouldn't recommend them, but I've seen you make similar recommendations yourself on those same type of scenarios. I've also mentioned other brands as well. I've never singled out Hammers specifically unless it was something specific/unique to them.

I killed animals in the last few months with a bullet with the same design principle even.

When was the last time you saw me talking about Hammers to anyone and giving a recommendation one way or another? I've definitely backed off because I quickly get misinterpreted and called out on false pretenses.

I'm done with this conversation here, as now we REALLY have derailed this thread. Feel free to PM though if you'd like.

My apologies to anyone else reading through this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.