Which 6.5?

Gotta go with the 6.5 Needmore - it will kill everything from field mice to African Elephants at up to 9000 yds, kicks like a 22 and barrel life is near 50000. Sorry, just couldn't help myself,🤣 cousin and I were just talking yesterday about some 6.5cm owners even still today saying their 6.5 would do anything a 300Winmag could do and other similar completely ignorant comments. Seriously though, while not really a target rifle perse, even with 140s and heavier, my fave 6.5 is the 264 WinMag hands down. If I ever buy another and specifically for what you asked, it will be a 6.5x55 Swede or RPM (a cousin in VA has an RPM that is shooting, I think mostly 1/4"- 1/3" groups with several loads, it is low recoil and has plenty of speed /power, he may comment at some point as he is a member)

If you just want to have fun, you could do a 6.5 frankensweedmoorex57.

I did and it was a fun, unique and successful experiment.

Run a creedmoor reamer to headspace on a sweed go gauge, lengthen neck to 57mm.

6.5x57 or 7x57 brass run first into a FL 6.5x55 sizing die, then fireformed, and sized with a creedmoor die after that. It obviously doesn't full length resize, but it does size into the web and I have had no issues so far.

My goal was matching standard 6.5 creedmoor performance from a 16" barrel, without being a barrel burner and on an existing standard head size action, and I achieved that.

It's fun and unique to boot.

Last edited:
6.5 SAUM 18" suppressed.

Brass is Not hard to find.
They are an over achiever, well designed case, no improvements needed, easy to load for,
easy to shoot. accurate, long barrel life, versatile,
& something you can shoot ALOT.
What kind of velocity would you be getting with that?