What percentage is your vehicle US Made?

BTW
Anyone who can't see 1/2 seriousness, & 1/2 sarcasm with the above post has no sense of humor:D
As anyone who knows me can vouch, I'm an opinionated, walking talking contradiction.
I love high gloss, high luster beautifull wood stocks on my rifles, & won't buy one if its not both sexy and a shooter. Then what's the first thing I do after getting it? Go beat the crap out of them on accident, hunting Bears in Hells Canyon so I can kick myself in the butt all year long for ruining such a beautifull stock...:D
Like I said I'm a walking contradiction of terms, who oddly enough really tries to avoid controversy... Untill something too good to pass up poking fun at comes along.
Again guys even I don't take myself too seriously, so don't get too wound up if you own foreign cars, & plastic stocks....:D
We can't all be as perfect as me.:D
Oh man I crack myself up hahaha

Like I stated early on, no matter what you drive, if it's been built in the last 10 years, it has offshore content of some percentage.

I remember back when Japanese products were considered junk, like the little transistor am radio's..... I had one.

Today, Japenese electronics are considered superior to anything else.

It all condenses down to what you like and your ability to pay for it.

Far as 300,000 folks out of work. I have to say from being on the front lines and teaching adult education for 4 years, mostly adults and young adults on public assistance, a large percentage don't want to work, have no desire of betterment and merely go through the motions to keep collecting public assistance and our government appears to like it that way....

That's fodder for a different time and this site isn't that place....

I digress.

oind Re: What percentage is your vehicle US Made?

Thanks for the forgiveness FEENIX.
It's important to me to be respectfull of members such as yourself, that I hold in high reguard. You are a true patriot FEENIX. Your posts, & feelings, & actions toward our men & women in uniform is AWESOME! & I never would want to imply that you were anything but.
I hoped my post would not offend you. Perhaps I should've toned it down a bit.
As long as you were not offended in any way ill leave the post as is. I found quite a bit of humor in it.:D
However, I have a great amount of respect for you as an LRH member, & as a true American patriot, so if ANY of my post was offensive to you I will edit it & correct, or erase it immediately.
I have come to look forward to reading your posts, & have learned a lot from them. I now know what a Kirellian Bear dog is for example. If not for you, I may never have hered of one.
Your a good guy, & I consider you as a friend. I'm glad you found some light humor in it.

I really do hope you have one of those hassle free, million mile Toyotas. Maybe even be in a comercial someday jumping in the air screaming "I LOVE WHAT YOU DO FOR ME!".

No hard feelings bud. I was just playin.

winmag,

Nope! Stay as you are, stay as you are my friend.

Thor and I appreciates the compliment. The feeling is mutual.

Cheers my friend, cheers!

... with a little home made lemoncello. :D

PC070550.jpg

V/R

Ed

Way to go Winmag, it's a good thing I don't drink coffee or my key board would be screwed :D:D
Your one opinionated (insert non politically correct term), it's better than being a wuss and having no position at all!!

I'm having a hard time even looking at the new truck, they just don't have that man factor to them any more, no manual transmission, no straight body lines, no metal, heck a guy would probably end up with $3000 dollars worth of plastic wrapped around the front tires if he chained them up.

Another thing that kinda sticks in my craw is finding a good truck that isn't financed by my hard earned tax dollar, I don't think I can bring myself to buy Government Motors!!

I'm content with my '97 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel OBS, 4 door, 4 wheel drive with 'rides like a tank' solid axles and leaf springs.... and rifle rack in the back window........:)

It's foreign content is mostly mexican. The wiring harnes is stamped 'Made in Mexico'.......

My wife's new Transit Connect is made 'everywhere', assembled in Turkey of all places. I did a thorough search when she got it, for Hashish under the seats and such.... No rifle rack because it has no back window.........:)

No luck.

I wonder if the GM stock the government holds will ever be sold?? I hear it's to the tune of 34 million or so. If it is (sold), where do the proceeds go?

For that matter, I wonder what debilitating plans Obama has for his second term??

Gary,

That's nice to know, thanks!

The assembly of Tundra at Princeton, IN ended in 2009 and they are now being assembled in San Antonio, TX.

L:DL! The funny thing is that the body style are very similar to the other competitor trucks, yet others still look at them as ugly. I posted the pix below on a different forum and someone still commented as such because the brand on the side does not say the one they are loyal to. :rolleyes:

2-3.jpg

1-4.jpg

Cheers!

Ed

I just can't get past the way the made the grill in the Tundra. I also have problems with the grill on the newer Dodges. For looks, it's hard to beat a Ford F150, or a 1972 Chevy step side. And lets face it nobody made an uglier bed than the old Toyota step side!

Further food for thought:

* Honda virtually tests zero drive trane parts before assembly, and the actually test is when they start up the engine and put it in gear. I was stunned about that. I do gather that if they have a failure they will pull everything ahead of the failure to a certain extent and test everything till it stabalizes again. Some folks think this is great, and others think it's flat stupid. I'm a one in twenty-five person if the product line is running as it should.

* Dodge does a 100% test on every hemi engine, and Cummins does a similar thing with every deisel that they build for Dodge

G.M. does a one in ten test at the start, and from there will expand to one in twenty five engines. Similar testing for the transmission as well. Allison does two tests. One is a short power test, that last three or four minutes under a variable load. Then a blind draw computor selects a transmission for a complete test. Should a transmission fail, they will go back as many as fifty units. The computor also will cull a transmission from the field for inspection. It's a blind draw, and nobody knows where it is when drawn out for inspection.

*what Ford does nodays I can't say, but they used to do things similar to G.M. with their gas engines. Navstar tested every deisel, but that's over with.

In about four or five years all heavyduty trucks will probably have an Allison or ZF gear box (even the Asian is an Allison built on license). The "no compete clause ends about then. There are two new gear boxes in the pipe line that will be a nice addition to the truck market, and the heavyduty versions are already in production as I write this. So it becomes a trickel down affair. The medium duty stuff literally exploded in their laps, and they cannot keep up with the demand from folks like Fed Ex and UPS. I gather they thought the demand would be about seventy five units a day, and it topped that three months into production. Then there is the otherone that will require a frame redesign. It has four moving parts and runs on about 1/4th the horsepower that the others require. Is probably good for 1000ft. lb. of torque short duration, and earns another 1.5 mpg.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.