What is your most consistently accurate caliber?

I responded to this old thread 10 yeas ago claiming the 6.5x284 was my pick for most consistently accurate cartridge. Not much has changed other the I would consider equal billing to the 6.5x47, my go-to competition cartridge.
That 6.5x47 is intriguing me lately. Small rifle primer and rough;y 35 grainers of powder charge seems to be common. 140 gr class bullets that seems to be a lot of performance for fair reasonable cost. Have you noticed any cold temp issues? And I close to accurate on my assessment?

My PSS 308 win that the family bought me when I was honorably discharged is my most consistently accurate rifle since 1991. I just aquired a NF 60 MOA rail for it and hopefully it'll arrive today.

That 6.5x47 is intriguing me lately. Small rifle primer and rough;y 35 grainers of powder charge seems to be common. 140 gr class bullets that seems to be a lot of performance for fair reasonable cost. Have you noticed any cold temp issues? And I close to accurate on my assessment?
I haven't experienced any cold temp issues with my 6.5x47's. For summer competition, I run the CCI BR4 primers. For colder/freezing temps the hotter CCI 450 more then takes care of any cold temp issues and perform just as well in my rifles. IMO, greatest attribute the 6.5x47L is the superb, Lapua case design. While a bit smaller then the 6.5CM it can run at higher pressure, duplicate velocities, and still remain like new with +20 reloads with no annealing, or loose primer pockets. I use the 140's frequently, but the Berger 130 OTM's are fast, and will hold baseball sized groups at 1000 yards. It also performs quite well on medium sized game out to 600 yards.
A couple of 200 yard groups with the 130, and Hornady 140ELDM ..two different rifles..
679711CF-1539-4BED-85B6-E4A6CF172269.jpeg7C164C21-E7A6-4F49-B932-2D9E6998B613.jpeg

I haven't experienced any cold temp issues with my 6.5x47's. For summer competition, I run the CCI BR4 primers. For colder/freezing temps the hotter CCI 450 more then takes care of any cold temp issues and perform just as well in my rifles. IMO, greatest attribute the 6.5x47L is the superb, Lapua case design. While a bit smaller then the 6.5CM it can run at higher pressure, duplicate velocities, and still remain like new with +20 reloads with no annealing, or loose primer pockets. I use the 140's frequently, but the Berger 130 OTM's are fast, and will hold baseball sized groups at 1000 yards. It also performs quite well on medium sized game out to 600 yards.
A couple of 200 yard groups with the 130, and Hornady 140ELDM ..two different rifles..
View attachment 350845View attachment 350846
My 260 AI should be ready any day now. But now I wonder if I should have went the 6.5x47 route. Seems like an outstanding do all varmint/ deer rifle.

My 260 AI should be ready any day now. But now I wonder if I should have went the 6.5x47 route. Seems like an outstanding do all varmint/ deer rifle.
I don't think you can go wrong with the 260/AI! I used it in competition(142SMK's) with great success long before the 6.5's became the rage! My buddy swears by his 260AI, still using it for competition, and has taken Elk and deer with it out to 700 yards.

I don't think you can go wrong with the 260/AI! I used it in competition(142SMK's) with great success long before the 6.5's became the rage! My buddy swears by his 260AI, still using it for competition, and has taken Elk and deer with it out to 700 yards.
I had it built for deer and elk out to 700 yards! But with recent reports I got leery on using it for elk. Now depending on how it shoots I'll consider it again. Thanks Greyfox!!!

I second that motion. My only true one-holer is a 6.5 CM built by Jeff Hayes at Riversbend. Rem 700 trued action, Bartlein 22", 5R, SS, #4 contour, McMillian HTG stock, Trigger Tech Trigger. Love that gun!