What is your favorite "RIMFIRE" Cartridge and what is your rifle?

some other random faves

henry 17 hmr
IMG_1341.jpg

sav 17hmr
IMG_3150_zpse4dd73d0.jpg

15-22
IMG_2416_zpsrh5lslye.jpg

win 9422 mag green laminated
IMG_2197_zps875c1e31.jpg

IMG_0967_zps3bf49401.jpg

win 62A
IMG_4395_zps8bf742fe.jpg

Last edited:
22lr I very seldom go to the range with out one or two. I love the old school 22's my 1940 Winchester is a show stopper and the number 47 marlin was from someone buying 4 shares of marlin stock sometime around 1929 and it still shoots today.but I wish I had one of every 22 that y'all sent pictures sent in for.Happy 4th to all

IMG_1553.JPG

CZ 457 .17 HMR straight from the box - best with 17 grain TNT Speer loads @ 50 yards. Factory mags are real pricey so I use plastic SLED, saves time as no magazine reload. Good for 125 yards or so. Box of 50 pricey at $15-$20.

I also have a Ruger MKIV with a 2X Burris, .22LR CCI Mini Mag HP.

Pics of dead animals would make the nice lady/land owner where I shoot rodents gobble down lots of midol. She insists that I bury my kills; I collect the dead & bury them in a same hole. Extreme caution concerning plague bearing fleas - Yersinia pestis. Imagine, draping a dead rodent that would have Yersinia pestis infected body fluids like blood & urine over the stock of a rifle that contacts your body, possibly face. I carry a shallow rubber pan indended for undersink use, fill it with 50-50 chorine beach & water and step into it. My vehicle has rubber floor mats. Frequent hand washing soap & water. Plastic bag to contain waste.

Badgers can carry anthrax, Bacillus anthracis, extremely rare. Some use as agent in bio warfare. Vacine available. Anthrax outbreak in WWI caused by Bacillus anthracis, infection from badger hair shaving brushes. Troops shaved to get good seal for gas masks to protect from chem agents like chlorine, tear gas, & phosgene. Happened then can happen now. Badgers like to eat rodents.

Last edited:
What is your favorite "RIMFIRE" and what is your rifle?

We just had a huge storm hit here with 60 + mph winds 0.25" hail and torrential rain. Was in our Kiddie pool trying to cool off from the heat and having some Tropical Drinks. Got out of the water just in time. Since it started raining we got almost an inch of rain and have a small river running through my back yard and started a 3 acre pond next to my house.

What a pre 4th​ of July night!

Tried to get to where the Armadillos are hold up, but the weather drove me into the house.

I figured a good time to write up a post on which Rimfire you like while waiting for the Street Power to back on.

I have been using Remington .22 "Yellow Jackets" with a 33gr Truncated Hollow Point for many years. Out of all my inventory of .22s they shoot the best and are really effective for a quick kill. Very ACCURATE and consistent. Shoot it mostly out of a TC Classic, which I have retired because I "Renovated it" and it is better looking than the original models that are unfortunately discontinued.

Also shoot the Hornady 17 HMR 20gr XTP. Excellent rimfire. Good accuracy, distance and explosive power. We have a custom Volquartsen with a Thumbhole McMillan stock and CF Barrel. Volquartsen does not make this model anymore. Great caliber & bullet for everything from Squirrels to Coyotes. Have a Leupold 3-9 x 33mmRimfire EFR CDS Fine Duplex. A FINE SHOOTER.

Just had the Owner of Volquartsen tune up the bolt/action and put a new CF Barrel on it. Didn't need a new barrel but the threads on the muzzle didn't fit for my CAN.

Well the street power came back on, the storm is moving away, Jill and I are going to have some Baby Back Ribs, have some more tropical drinks and get into the Kidde Pool (I put wireless underwater lights in to set the mood)

Happy Independence Day tomorrow and God Bless

Len & Jill
Here Here for the YellowJackets. It's a shame that Remington stopped making them. They are super super accurate out of my Browning T-bolt, I've consistently shot groundhogs, squirrels, ferel cats, and a coyote at ranges from 10yds to 120yds. Great performance by those little 33gr bullets. My S&W model 41 loves them too. Most accurate that I've used in that pistol. I even tracked down Eley standard velocity match rounds and the Yellowjackets out performed the Eley's every time. I know I'm not supposed to use them in that pistol. I had a smith put a buffering pad in the action to tame the blowback.

We just had a huge storm hit here with 60 + mph winds 0.25" hail and torrential rain. Was in our Kiddie pool trying to cool off from the heat and having some Tropical Drinks. Got out of the water just in time. Since it started raining we got almost an inch of rain and have a small river running through my back yard and started a 3 acre pond next to my house.

Tried to get to where the Armadillos are hold up, but the weather drove me into the house.

I figured a good time to write up a post on which Rimfire you like while waiting for the Street Power to back on.

I have been using Remington .22 "Yellow Jackets" with a 33gr Truncated Hollow Point for many years. Out of all my inventory of .22s they shoot the best and are really effective for a quick kill. Very ACCURATE and consistent. Shoot it mostly out of a TC Classic, which I have retired because I "Renovated it" and it is better looking than the original models that are unfortunately discontinued.

Also shoot the Hornady 17 HMR 20gr XTP. Excellent rimfire. Good accuracy, distance and explosive power. We have a custom Volquartsen with a Thumbhole McMillan stock and CF Barrel. Volquartsen does not make this model anymore. Great caliber & bullet for everything from Squirrels to Coyotes. Have a Leupold 3-9 x 33mmRimfire EFR CDS Fine Duplex. A FINE SHOOTER.

Just had the Owner of Volquartsen tune up the bolt/action and put a new CF Barrel on it. Didn't need a new barrel but the threads on the muzzle didn't fit for my CAN.

Well the street power came back on, the storm is moving away, Jill and I are going to have some Baby Back Ribs, have some more tropical drinks and get into the Kidde Pool (I put wireless underwater lights in to set the mood)

Len & Jill
Nothing fancy. Just a tuned up Ruger 17 HMR - Squirrelinator. Gets the job done.

Attachments

• 2102F766-7D1E-477D-B895-EEBF475E804A.jpeg
    2102F766-7D1E-477D-B895-EEBF475E804A.jpeg
    436.1 KB · Views: 75
About 5 months ago I decided to 3D design and build an aluminum chassis for my 1967 Ruger 10-22. I got carried away a bit and just finished today! Good timing I guess for this thread, and of all things I drew first blood with it last night when a young wood chuck started building a home in the wrong place! So far I have been testing different ammo, and it seems to like SK Long Range Match and Lapua Center X quite well. I used the SKLR on Woody when he climed up on the deck and sat on a bench by our decorative pond. Here are some pictures of my build. (And Woody) View attachment 376451View attachment 376452View attachment 376453View attachment 376454
Used a Desert Tech SRS A1 monopod and double linear ball bearings for smooth rapid / fine adjustments on the bag rider. I customized an Evolution Bipod and mounted it coaxial to the bore as far forward as possible. Added picatinny and arca rails for accessories (I used the arca rail and a tripod from inside my hot tub room to get Woody) I put a Ruger hammer forged 20" bull barrel turned, threaded and mounted in a barrel block. The bottom of the receiver, and front and rear mounting tangs are machined parallel to the bore and mounted solidly in the chassis. I put a single stage Kidd trigger group in it, headspaced and cross pinned the bolt. Installed a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25 and Spuhr 13 mil mount on top, with a Knight's Armament level under the eye piece. It is shooting fairly well at 25 yards, next I am going to see how it does at 50, then farther if it continues to do well. It has been a fun project to build, and will be fun to see what it can do.
Happy 4th of July!
WOW GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a project and a really exceptional rifle build. My Congrats to you sir!!!!!

Len & Jill
DARN NICE!!!!!!!!!!
Those VUDOs are Awesome and seems like you have them dialed in!!
Good shooting!!!!
Thanks for sharing!!
Sounds like fun and now that you had some rain maybe you can see some fireworks tonight safely.

CZ 455 in 22LR that just loves the cheap CCI blazer ammo. Been wanting to get a 17 HMR barrel for it but ain't got around to it and not sure what I'd gain.
Shot this yote at 80 yards while squirrel hunting.
I have a CZ 455 myself suppressed accurate and fun! Also been wanting the 17 barrel but haven't gotten around to it either.
CZ 455 in 22LR that just loves the cheap CCI blazer ammo. Been wanting to get a 17 HMR barrel for it but ain't got around to it and not sure what I'd gain.
Shot this yote at 80 yards while squirrel hunting.
3CEC3A0D-6655-4558-9DA3-10628967A21B.jpeg

Winchester 62A, Remington 541T, Ruger 10 22 heavy laminate, and my first .22… Sears Mod 1, bolt single shot with an old K-3 Weaver. The Sears will almost group with the 541T, it has Winchester proof marks and was mail ordered for $19.99.

View attachment 376498
Extreme caution concerning plague bearing fleas - Yersinia pestis. Imagine, draping a dead rodent that would have Yersinia pestis infected body fluids like blood & urine over the stock of a rifle that contacts your body, possibly face. I carry a shallow rubber pan indended for undersink use, fill it with 50-50 chorine beach & water and step into it. My vehicle has rubber floor mats. Frequent hand washing soap & water. Plastic bag to contain waste.
You forgot yer covid mask and vac. It'll do as much good against that stuff as it does against the Wuhan flu. Or just go full-monte Hazmat suit.....