What is your favorite "RIMFIRE" Cartridge and what is your rifle?

DARN NICE!!!!!!!!!!
Those VUDOs are Awesome and seems like you have them dialed in!!
Good shooting!!!!
Thanks for sharing!!
Thank you! Took a bit to get everything perfect but finally love the set up. It's my primary match rig but accuracy is too good not to take it out plinking.

The new vudoo should be here in a couple weeks. 22" mtu ibi barrel 1:12 twist, mdt acc, vudoo 360, tt diamond straight, apex rival 4-32x56. Should be sweet.

Our Rimfires
Volquartsen 17HMR CF Barrel and MC Millan TH Stock toped off with a Leupold V2 3-9X33mm EFR CSD.
TC Classis .22 that I renovated even being new (12 hand rubbed coats of TruOil) Leupold V2 3-9X33mm EFR CSD.
Savage Model 29 Pump Iron sights
Browning Buck Mark pistol for the critters that i missed with the rifles.. Fire Sights.
(SHOULD HAVE BETTER PICKS to show off)

Attachments

• 17HMM Volk with Leupold 3X9 Rimfire.jpg
    17HMM Volk with Leupold 3X9 Rimfire.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Squirrel.jpg
    Squirrel.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Savage 29B.jpg
    Savage 29B.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Monkey.JPG
    Monkey.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 22LR TC Classic.jpg
    22LR TC Classic.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 22LR TC Classic Leupold 3x9 Fimfire.jpg
    22LR TC Classic Leupold 3x9 Fimfire.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 17HMR Volquartsen Leupold 3X9 Rim fire.jpg
    17HMR Volquartsen Leupold 3X9 Rim fire.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 97
Our Rimfires
Volquartsen 17HMR CF Barrel and MC Millan TH Stock toped off with a Leupold V2 3-9X33mm EFR CSD.
TC Classis .22 that I renovated even being new (12 hand rubbed coats of TruOil) Leupold V2 3-9X33mm EFR CSD.
Savage Model 29 Pump Iron sights
Browning Buck Mark pistol for the critters that i missed with the rifles.. Fire Sights.
(SHOULD HAVE BETTER PICKS to show off)
The AMMO I listed is not available at most retailers. Remington .22 Yellow Jacket 33 gr and Hornady 17HMR 20 XPT.
LUCKELY we still have about 4-6K in both after giving away to our neighborhood kids to shoot.
We found these two .22 & 17HMR to be the best for our rifles.

No picture but my favorite is my 10/22 mag. Bought it years ago when I did alot of coon hunting and was good when I crossed a coyote while out coon hunting. It's beat up , old k4 weaver on it but it's taken piles of varmints and good enough to head shot some bunnies to eat as well.

No picture but my favorite is my 10/22 mag. Bought it years ago when I did alot of coon hunting and was good when I crossed a coyote while out coon hunting. It's beat up , old k4 weaver on it but it's taken piles of varmints and good enough to head shot some bunnies to eat as well.
HAAAA Yes Good Man!!!!

My favorite is my Savage B-Mag in .17WinchesterSuperMag ( .17WSM). Beats the .17HMR by 50% in every category.
Up to 3,000fps muzzle velocity with 17gr bullet - my most accurate. Target is 300yds.

Attachments

• .17WSM  Savage B Mag 002.JPG
    .17WSM Savage B Mag 002.JPG
    371 KB · Views: 100
  • B Mag Savage gun fight 005.JPG
    B Mag Savage gun fight 005.JPG
    388 KB · Views: 88
My first rifle, Remington Model 241 "Speedmaster" using 40g 22LRs. Winchester Super X ammo was the best in those days. Never left the house without it from age ten back in 1954 until I left home. It is right here with me today.

I notice you are into high/hyper velocity ammo. For my ESRH in the woods of Arkansas I have settled upon 22 LR Subsonic HPs. Use it for a variety of critters and varmints. Accurate and kills very well. Doesn't spook the squirrels as much as hypersonic.
But now is a bad time to buy good Subsonic ammo. Some makers have quit making it. And it is hard to find now. But it is my preferred ammo for hunting.
Not really. This was my 2nd outing with this rifle and I tried subsonic, standard velocity, a few target loads from Eley, Federal and SK but this rifle prefers the faster ammo (not the hyper verocity) and it also prefers a lubed bullet over a non-lubed one.

What is your favorite "RIMFIRE" and what is your rifle?

We just had a huge storm hit here with 60 + mph winds 0.25" hail and torrential rain. Was in our Kiddie pool trying to cool off from the heat and having some Tropical Drinks. Got out of the water just in time. Since it started raining we got almost an inch of rain and have a small river running through my back yard and started a 3 acre pond next to my house.

What a pre 4th​ of July night!

Tried to get to where the Armadillos are hold up, but the weather drove me into the house.

I figured a good time to write up a post on which Rimfire you like while waiting for the Street Power to back on.

I have been using Remington .22 "Yellow Jackets" with a 33gr Truncated Hollow Point for many years. Out of all my inventory of .22s they shoot the best and are really effective for a quick kill. Very ACCURATE and consistent. Shoot it mostly out of a TC Classic, which I have retired because I "Renovated it" and it is better looking than the original models that are unfortunately discontinued.

Also shoot the Hornady 17 HMR 20gr XTP. Excellent rimfire. Good accuracy, distance and explosive power. We have a custom Volquartsen with a Thumbhole McMillan stock and CF Barrel. Volquartsen does not make this model anymore. Great caliber & bullet for everything from Squirrels to Coyotes. Have a Leupold 3-9 x 33mmRimfire EFR CDS Fine Duplex. A FINE SHOOTER.

Just had the Owner of Volquartsen tune up the bolt/action and put a new CF Barrel on it. Didn't need a new barrel but the threads on the muzzle didn't fit for my CAN.

Well the street power came back on, the storm is moving away, Jill and I are going to have some Baby Back Ribs, have some more tropical drinks and get into the Kidde Pool (I put wireless underwater lights in to set the mood)

Happy Independence Day tomorrow and God Bless

Len & Jill
I don't understand. You are in the pool...already wet, but you "barely" made it out of the pool and under some kind of protection before the rain arrived! Lucky you!
.22 Magnum. Remington model 700.