What 22LR is you favorite past 100yds?

I'm a big fan of mini-mags as well I just haven't seen any in a store in 9 months!

Tell me about it. Only time they show up online seems there is a 2 box limit. $20 shipping for 200 rounds of .22 no way. God I would love to order a case of anything right now. I have 2500 Aguilla coming this week. Should set me for a year or so with the couple bricks I have already. Nice thing about the bolt actions you can stretch a box of 50 out.

$25 for a case of MiniMags must be the all time greatest deal in ammunition history!

I haven't stretched my MKII out yet, walnuts at 75 yards are no problem though.

This was shot at 50 yards.

image_zpsea32c919.jpg
[/URL]

These are a couple if groups at 200 yards using my Savage 22LR , BVSS thumb hole with a Leupold 6.5x 20 EFR VX3. Just using 525ct, promotional Remington 36gr HP. Gets .5 MOA at 100 yards with both Rem Club Extra and Wolf Match ammo. This rifle is quite a shooter!

I haven't stretched my MKII out yet, walnuts at 75 yards are no problem though.

This was shot at 50 yards.

Justin, I put a lot of different optics on my MKIII too and finally settled on this 3X AR optic, that has an advertised 150 MOA turret travel in it. We were shooting it beyond 450 yds. a couple weeks ago and it was a blast. Amazing how close the ballistics were for a .1 BC at 1100 mv even that far out. Love the reticle too. Post tips provide 10 MOA either side of the reticle axis for some pretty decent windage reference. Have had a lot of rewarding shots at long range with this gun so far--

xThough a little spendy, Eley Match, EPS, and Tenex EPS is very accurate .22 lr ammo.

This is five shots at a 100 yards from a Calfee XP-100 that I just re-barreled. My son's Anschutz 1907 Match rifle, and his Anny Benchrest rifle will both put 10 rnds under an 1-1/2" @ 200 yards when the wind is minimal. We have also had really good results with Lapua ammo.
The standard velocity ammo will yield better accuracy at long range than the high velocity ammo. -You don't have the transition from super sonic to sub sonic along the way. We have shot out to 550 yards with the .22 lr's with suprising accuracy.
Steve, didn't you pick off a couple of prairie dogs lately (410 yards) with the .22?:D

-Mike

1.5" groups at 200 is phenomenal sir--gotta try some of that good ammo sometime. Yes Mike--I hit 2 at 410, but it took me 40 shots to do it. Actually had a 1st shot at 552, and was so close to the dog he jumped into the air and was in his hole just that quick. About 120 MOA for the 552 and something 90 or so for 410. Had inconsistent wind up to about 5 mph full value. Couldn't believe how close the ballistics program was to actual (average of actual, that is). All this with the Magnum Research Picuda/Horus Vision Predator in shimmed Burris ***-Align rings--The one on the right--

The standard velocity ammo will yield better accuracy at long range than the high velocity ammo. -You don't have the transition from super sonic to sub sonic along the way.

The reason I like MiniMags is that my CZ zeroed at 50 yards with Eley Target when I switch to MiniMags I am zeroed at 90 yards. One revolution on my scope knob takes me to 170. Easy swap of the mags and I am covered anywhere from 10 yards to 170. Won't matter in a few more years once the lead ban kicks in. I'll have to shoot everything with lead free 17HMR.

Can I get in here? I've been shooting a Remington Model 34 at a hundred yards with .22 SHORTS, not LR. Kinda funny, nobody around here believes me! :D:)

Well for one'.., I do. I love the little short .22 rf... and it's surprising how much reach and accuracy they can have.. I have an older Remington Sportsmaster model 512 bolt rifle that is uncanny using .22 shorts in it, and yes out to 100 yards and then some. They also shoot great in my 1970's Win model 9422 but not quite like the model 512, but close.
Cheer's

Attachments

• Remington Model 512 {1940}  012 (1).jpg
    Remington Model 512 {1940} 012 (1).jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 137
Can I get in here? I've been shooting a Remington Model 34 at a hundred yards with .22 SHORTS, not LR. Kinda funny, nobody around here believes me! :D:)

"not LR"? That's a matter of opinion, I think that is extreme long range! :)

Pretty sure he meant not Long Rifle. LOL

Shorts aren't much different than shooting sub sonics are they? Haven't shot a short in decades. Pretty sure they have a lighter bullet though which probably doesn't help in the Long Range department.

Pretty sure he meant not Long Rifle. LOL

Shorts aren't much different than shooting sub sonics are they? Haven't shot a short in decades. Pretty sure they have a lighter bullet though which probably doesn't help in the Long Range department.

Dunno how they compare, I just happened to find shorts when I couldn't find LR.

I can tell you one thing, though -- they sure drop FAST!!! LOL!