What is your favorite "RIMFIRE" Cartridge and what is your rifle?

I don't understand. You are in the pool...already wet, but you "barely" made it out of the pool and under some kind of protection before the rain arrived! Lucky you!
.22 Magnum. Remington model 700.
We did have a weather forecast for possible "T" Storms throughout the afternoon. It was sunny out and a few rain drops started to fall then all of a sudden a Huge storm popped up. We get them all the time in the summer. Luckly it didn't turn into a Tornado.
We got out of the pool really fast when the lighting hit. We have had lighting hit right next to our house and blow out electronics and surge protection three different times. Pretty scary. Lost power last night, but have a backup gen.
My father-in-law had a 700 in 22 mag. It shot fairly decent. It only liked on brand of ammo.

I notice you are into high/hyper velocity ammo. For my ESRH in the woods of Arkansas I have settled upon 22 LR Subsonic HPs. Use it for a variety of critters and varmints. Accurate and kills very well. Doesn't spook the squirrels as much as hypersonic.
But now is a bad time to buy good Subsonic ammo. Some makers have quit making it. And it is hard to find now. But it is my preferred ammo for hunting.
Not really Jon. This was the 2nd outing with this ammo and just reshot the stuff that it liked best the 1st time. I originally shot about 20 different types of ammo including a couple Eley, SK and Federal target and subsonic and found that this rifle prefers a faster bullet (not the Hyper velocity). It also likes a lubed bullet over a non-lubed one. I use the bullet lube I use on my muzzleloader conical bullets. The rifle also despised Win and Rem ammo of any kind! Especially the 3 brands of Win. They averaged about 1.5" at 50 yards!

I have 3 10-22s. .17M2, a target barrel, and carry-rifle. All have over travel stops and modified bolt stops so you don't have to activate the lever to release the bolt and polished or after market triggers. I also have an Anschutz 1517 .17 HMR that shoots 3/8 inch groups at 100 yards. It absolute loves the A17 ammo designed for the Savage A17 rifle. Forgot, Remington .22 WMR. does not get as much use as the others. Don't need the added power very often. Ammo too expensive for plinking.

Last edited:
CZ 453 V 22LR 20.5 inch heavy barrel. Single set trigger. Best of CZ. To bad it was discontinued and they started making them cheaper. Barrel and action on today's model is same, but the set trigger is awesome.

Attachments

• 20190318_172712.jpg
    20190318_172712.jpg
    585.8 KB · Views: 69
My favorite is my Savage B-Mag in .17WinchesterSuperMag ( .17WSM). Beats the .17HMR by 50% in every category.
Up to 3,000fps muzzle velocity with 17gr bullet - my most accurate. Target is 300yds.
That group was made at 300 yards? Very impressive at 100 yards. Nice stuff.
Is that a heavy barrel?

What is your favorite "RIMFIRE" and what is your rifle?

We just had a huge storm hit here with 60 + mph winds 0.25" hail and torrential rain. Was in our Kiddie pool trying to cool off from the heat and having some Tropical Drinks. Got out of the water just in time. Since it started raining we got almost an inch of rain and have a small river running through my back yard and started a 3 acre pond next to my house.

What a pre 4th​ of July night!

Tried to get to where the Armadillos are hold up, but the weather drove me into the house.

I figured a good time to write up a post on which Rimfire you like while waiting for the Street Power to back on.

I have been using Remington .22 "Yellow Jackets" with a 33gr Truncated Hollow Point for many years. Out of all my inventory of .22s they shoot the best and are really effective for a quick kill. Very ACCURATE and consistent. Shoot it mostly out of a TC Classic, which I have retired because I "Renovated it" and it is better looking than the original models that are unfortunately discontinued.

Also shoot the Hornady 17 HMR 20gr XTP. Excellent rimfire. Good accuracy, distance and explosive power. We have a custom Volquartsen with a Thumbhole McMillan stock and CF Barrel. Volquartsen does not make this model anymore. Great caliber & bullet for everything from Squirrels to Coyotes. Have a Leupold 3-9 x 33mmRimfire EFR CDS Fine Duplex. A FINE SHOOTER.

Just had the Owner of Volquartsen tune up the bolt/action and put a new CF Barrel on it. Didn't need a new barrel but the threads on the muzzle didn't fit for my CAN.

Well the street power came back on, the storm is moving away, Jill and I are going to have some Baby Back Ribs, have some more tropical drinks and get into the Kidde Pool (I put wireless underwater lights in to set the mood)

Happy Independence Day tomorrow and God Bless

Len & Jill
My favorite .22 LR is a Remington Golden Bullet in 40 grain round nose.
Tied for second is both a CCI .17 cal in 20 grain AND a .22 WMR in Hornady 30 grain.
I too am a big fan of the Yellow Jackets. Please keep the armadillo reports coming!👍

My favorite .22 LR is a Remington Golden Bullet in 40 grain round nose.
Tied for second is both a CCI .17 cal in 20 grain AND a .22 WMR in Hornady 30 grain.
I too am a big fan of the Yellow Jackets. Please keep the armadillo reports coming!👍
My rifle loves those Yellow Jackets and the hit hard and blow up, only problem is that several times through the past 20 years they were hard to find. I stocked up long ago and still have 8 bricks left.

It's so hard to pick just one! I love me some rimfires! My rimfires as best as my memory serves me listed below (in no particular order):

Ruger 10/22 walnut stock
Ruger 10/22 fingergroove walnut stock x3
Ruger 10/22 custom deluxe
Ruger 10/22 international walnut stock (late 60's model)
Ruger 77/22
Ruger 77/22 magnum
Ruger 77/17 HMR
Ruger 77/17 WSM
Thompson Center 22 classic
Remington Nylon 66 Apache Chrome 22
Remington 552 x2
Remington 572 x2
Premier (savage) 22 pump octagon barrel (late 20's model)
Savage Model 29 pump octagon barrel (pre world war II)
Volquartsen 22mag superlite with carbon fiber barrel

It's hard to beat a good old 10/22! I do like the 17 WSM alot and of course the Volquartsen 22 mag is awesome! I have quite a few rimfire pistols also......

It's so hard to pick just one! I love me some rimfires! My rimfires as best as my memory serves me listed below (in no particular order):

Ruger 10/22 walnut stock
Ruger 10/22 fingergroove walnut stock x3
Ruger 10/22 custom deluxe
Ruger 10/22 international walnut stock (late 60's model)
Ruger 77/22
Ruger 77/22 magnum
Ruger 77/17 HMR
Ruger 77/17 WSM
Thompson Center 22 classic
Remington Nylon 66 Apache Chrome 22
Remington 552 x2
Remington 572 x2
Premier (savage) 22 pump octagon barrel (late 20's model)
Savage Model 29 pump octagon barrel (pre world war II)
Volquartsen 22mag superlite with carbon fiber barrel

It's hard to beat a good old 10/22! I do like the 17 WSM alot and of course the Volquartsen 22 mag is awesome! I have quite a few rimfire pistols also......
bballard we share some of the same rifles. How do you like your TC Classic? Could you send me a pics of it?