Whats your longest rimfire kill?

Just topped my longest this past weekend. 303 yards on a jack rabbit with the Savage 17HMR. 1st shot, using Hordady 17gr V-max.

Knocked a crow out of a tree at 100 yds with one shot from my open sighted Ruger 10-22. Lined up the sights then lifted up the front bead some and down it came! That was about 20 years ago.

Know a guy that shot an 8pt at 300yrd with 17hmr and dropped it, also got a nice fine for spotlighting and lost license. also most certainly luck. while squirrel hunting in ouachita mountains with my uncle we started walking the .22 out to a beaver at 550yrds after about 8 shots apiece we were all over it but it would dive before bullet got there lots of fun though. If ever get the chance try it!!!!!!!!!!!! longest for me 130yrd with a H&R auto .22mag squirrel

115 yards with a ruger mark II pistol 22 long rifle @ a flying pigeon broadside... And no it wasn't luck...pure skill...:)

Personal best was 235-250 paces on a group of prairie dogs. Fired 20 shots, five confirmed kills and a couple more hit and crawled off. Savage Mark II-FV, Mueller APT 4.5-14x40 and Fed bulk 36g HVHP's. Clicked 22 (?) MOA elevation, held for wind.

I've knocked crows out of trees and off powerlines at just under 440yards with my savage .17hmr a lot but I used to shoot my old 10/22 a lot( wore the factory sporter barrel out the first summer I had it, was on the 6th green mountain barrel when I sold it...)
Anyway its 420 yards from my mom and dads front porch to the edge of the fence line across the neighbours field and I used to be able to walk a few rounds in on rabbits at the edge of the field...fed a lot of coyotes that way when I lived at home....
I also hit an old barn at a half mile...lots of elevation lol....

I've knocked crows out of trees and off powerlines at just under 440yards with my savage .17hmr a lot but I used to shoot my old 10/22 a lot( wore the factory sporter barrel out the first summer I had it, was on the 6th green mountain barrel when I sold it...)
Anyway its 420 yards from my mom and dads front porch to the edge of the fence line across the neighbours field and I used to be able to walk a few rounds in on rabbits at the edge of the field...fed a lot of coyotes that way when I lived at home....
I also hit an old barn at a half mile...lots of elevation lol....

Nice shootin! But, how did you wear a .22 barrel out?!?! let alone 6!!! I've hear stories of guys shooting over 100k rounds through a .22lr barrel and it still being fine?!

Like I said I shot it a lot....lol...I was very trigger happy...and it was a very accurate lil gun to...a lot of cans, bottles, sparrows, starlings, rabbits possums, and other stuff died when I had it...I used to get .22 shells for Christmas( like seven or 8 bricks worth) and by new years is be out...went through a crap load of factory clips till I discovered hot lips and steel lips... Still wore them out....
My first .22 was a rossi pump action..it lasted three weeks n it was starting to have problems....two months n my dad sent it back...went through 3 of them that year....oh and just so yall know I clean all my weapons as if my life depended on it and always have.....

If you want an idea, just how many rounds would it take to completely wear out a ruger 10/22 action.....and like I said I cleaned it good..I would strip it completely down at least once a week to clean it...

If you want an idea, just how many rounds would it take to completely wear out a ruger 10/22 action.....and like I said I cleaned it good..I would strip it completely down at least once a week to clean it...

I would respectfully suggest that you cleaned your barrels to death rather than shot them out. Most guys clean their .22 rimfire barrels once every 3-5k rounds, when accuracy erodes, or not at all. Many VERY good rimfire shooters never clean their barrels. I have about 4k through my 1.5 year old Savage and have yet to clean it. Accuracy just keeps improving. 5 shots in .4" (Outside measurement) @ 50 yards is basically the norm with Wolf MT's.

But if you're shooting 10k a year, then maybe you could wear a barrel out. I'm still not sure of that though...

-The Kid.

It wasn't anything for me to go through a brick or two a day....specially during the summer....frog hunting and just plinking...rabbits during the winter burnt up a lot of rounds too...I would get bored some days of shooting cans n stuff so I would see how big of a limb I could cut off a tree and how many rounds it took...lol...senseless yet careful shooting....(there wasn't any point in it but never unsafe about it...)